What is the meaning of life

rbrophy2

Is there really a meaning to human existence? We certainly have no positive impact on the world. We tear up the earth and pollute the air with our industry, we destroy the wildlife for: Sport, food, clothing, shelter, entertainment, ect. We remove unimaginable amount of natural resources from the earth, while destroying the habitat of thousands of species of animals, causing many animals to go extinct. Many of the animals that are extinct now or endangered wouldn't be if we weren't here. Not to mention there would be millions of more animal species if we weren't here because their habitats would never have been invaded by us, therefore allowing animals and plant life to breed and diversify with little interruption.

Or...Could this be our purpose? Humans could be the single thing that ages and deteriorates the earth, much as humans themselves age and deteriorate. Is the purpose of mankind to destroy the earth? Think about that!

Is there really a meaning to human existence? We certainly have no positive impact on the world. We tear up the earth and pollute the air with our industry, we destroy the wildlife for: Sport, food, clothing, shelter, entertainment, ect. We remove unimaginable amount of natural resources from the earth, while destroying the habitat of thousands of species of animals, causing many animals to go extinct. Many of the animals that are extinct now or endangered wouldn't be if we weren't here. Not to mention there would be millions of more animal species if we weren't here because their habitats would never have been invaded by us, therefore allowing animals and plant life to breed and diversify with little interruption.

Or...Could this be our purpose? Humans could be the single thing that ages and deteriorates the earth, much as humans themselves age and deteriorate. Is the purpose of mankind to destroy the earth? Think about that!

I´ve though about that many times. You belong to a rare species, having such opinions.

Kudos to you.

This is the type of question that simply begs for a religious answer .....

But seeing that one can't be given, the best I can come up with is this ........

Life doesnt have a meaning, it's simply a time period in which you exist.

You as a human being are INTELLIGENT, you can THINK and CREATE and you have a sense

of MORALITY and AESTHETICS which no other creature has.

You are not like the animals whose existance is based upon instinct (no matter what they do

it all boils down to instinct).

And whatever they do when they come into contact with human beings simply boils down to

either one of two things, fear or reward.

Yes, you are superior in every way, and because of this superiority you should be a caretaker

a protecter, a nurturer, a guide and a builder, someone who will make this a better place for all

inhabitants.

BUT we do just the opposite, why ?

Well it's quite simple, we humans have a self destructive tendency within us.

It can be seen from the time we're born, when as a toddler we scream and perform, crying "mine, mine, mine".

No one has to teach a toddler that, it's there in him\her right from birth.

No, there is no meaning to life, but when we become quiet, then we ask this type of question but it's the wrong

question.

It's not what does life mean, rather it should be "why am I here" ?

The purpose of my existance is fun, and what really makes me enjoy myself is satisfiyng my drive to violence, I like violence and I am arroused by the fantasy of burying myself in the entrails of fallen enemies, in a necrophiliac sort of way, but that's just me, I also enjoy extracting narcotics, like thujone, leonurine, opium, lsa, thc oil... many of these narcotics are synthetised from legal plants growing in bulk around where I live, they are ornamental flowers and bushes that nobody would suspect of, actually they contain potent drugs that used well enhance my mood, make me stronger... I also like sports, I have my home made set of weights, I do weight lifting (not body building, I make myself stronger without going bulky) and I like running, I also enjoy listening to drinking songs (mainly folk, as well as viking metal, korpiklaani are the best!) as well as listening to music that enhances my craving for violence (alestorm has many cool tracks that make me want to set sail and shoot people) I also enjoy DIY, I focus on what has to do with weapons and explosives, ranging from the most primitive recurve bows to the most modern explosives (ammonal plastique being my all time favourite) hunting is also good, sometimes I find my thrills in shoplifting aswell, that's me, intense thrill seeker.

and I also wanted to mention that I love chugging milk, I had to mention it, that's what I am most addicted to, my throat is so full of clogs that I can't be a moment still without coughing it up and spitting it all out.

oh and one last thing, I believe that the main purpose in our lives is the annihilation of others of our species, and I drink to that, I share this world with too many people, one day there won't be enough air for us to breathe, my brothers, so let's get to bussines before it get's this far.

Everyone's meaning is different. Mine is to enjoy everything as much as you can before it is gone - enjoy the things you take for granted. Take a look up at the sky at night in the middle of nowhere, take a walk in the woods, find true love - enjoy what life has to offer.

Me? I often enjoy looking up at all the stars in the sky and pondering my existence. The only problem with that, is that I could think forever, and eventually I get scared thinking about myself as a single life-form on a tiny rock, hurling through the galaxy.

Just take a look at my sig - it explains my thoughts quite well:

"The Unknown is only interesting because it's Unknown."

This is the type of question that simply begs for a religious answer .....

But seeing that one can't be given, the best I can come up with is this ........

Life doesnt have a meaning, it's simply a time period in which you exist.

You as a human being are INTELLIGENT, you can THINK and CREATE and you have a sense

of MORALITY and AESTHETICS which no other creature has.

You are not like the animals whose existance is based upon instinct (no matter what they do

it all boils down to instinct).

And whatever they do when they come into contact with human beings simply boils down to

either one of two things, fear or reward.

Yes, you are superior in every way, and because of this superiority you should be a caretaker

a protecter, a nurturer, a guide and a builder, someone who will make this a better place for all

inhabitants.

BUT we do just the opposite, why ?

Well it's quite simple, we humans have a self destructive tendency within us.

It can be seen from the time we're born, when as a toddler we scream and perform, crying "mine, mine, mine".

No one has to teach a toddler that, it's there in him\her right from birth.

No, there is no meaning to life, but when we become quiet, then we ask this type of question but it's the wrong

question.

It's not what does life mean, rather it should be "why am I here" ?

Sounds more like a complain really, than a point of view. But a honest one.

Why am i here? why am i doing to this world as i am?

Good one. kty

I really love Carl Sagan's Pale Blue Dot, and his reflections on our existence.

He basically says that our entire planet, everything we know, all of history and mankind is just a spec in the universe-- a pale blue dot. We have no evidence of a god, a supreme being, other lifeforms in the galaxy. All we know is that our planet is an insignificant spec of dust in the scheme of things. This can really make you question your existence, and reduce all your thoughts of grandiosity to a mere pulp. We are not the center of the universe.

For me, I do not worship a god or fiddle to create meaning for this life I was given. I work with what is in front of me. I love and cherish the people around me and this earth I live on. Beyond that, I see the search for a divine reason for being a futility. We don't know and we will never know, and I am okay with that.

The meaning of life? That depends on how you look at that.

Everyone can put in their own opinions about how to fill in their own lives.

I think the general meaning of life is change, as that element has let it exist in the first place.

to me, human life (mine or anyone elses) has as much meaning as that peanut in your turd this morning. dont know where it came from, dont really care; all you know is that it is there.

It's a user-specified value that cannot be relied upon to be exactly the same as that specified by any other particular user. In short, an excellent way to gather entropy for seeding a random number generator.