What is the meaning of life

rbrophy2

The meaning of life is life. Everything that has ever lived is engineered for survival. It is the first and foremost instinct. I think since we as humans (being sentient beings with the abilities of thought, emotion, a sense of creativity, morality, and beauty) more times than not do not have to worry about survival too much, we think of other things we need, and strive to achieve those needs. Maslow's heirarchy of needs explains what we desire as humans fairly well. The higher one can climb up the pyramid, the more "fulfilled" in life a person is thought to be.

Another aspect to the meaning of life is change. Change is inevitable, and the less you resist it and the more you accept it the better off you will be.

Then again, "the meaning of life" is only as meaningful as what people want to say about it.

For me or for humanity as a whole?

Personally, I would feel that my life has or had a meaning only if I left a good mark on the world, however small it may be. However humanity as a whole, probably should aim for perfection in every aspect it can perfect. Basically, achieving utopia.

If I was speaking on the whole and talking only in reference to the physical meaning of life not any spiratual or philosophical purpose, the meaning of life is sex, reproduce and keep your species alive. However that's the shallow answer (albeit the most wholly acurate) and as people we each have an individual drive for existence, knowledge, money power, it is something self defined so if one were to sum it up in a single phrase for every person's inner purpose according to themselves: personal satisfaction. Broad I realise but it is relevant, satisfaction may mean knowledge, strength, money, power, peace, safety, charity, destruction, love any number of things so on the whole the meaning of life is definitely (as this thread more than sufficiently illustrates) up to interpretation for the person, for purpose, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

Zephyr Kronos Posted Yesterday, 10:38 PM

If I was speaking on the whole and talking only in reference to the physical meaning of life not any spiratual or philosophical purpose, the meaning of life is sex, reproduce and keep your species alive. However that's the shallow answer (albeit the most wholly acurate) and as people we each have an individual drive for existence, knowledge, money power, it is something self defined so if one were to sum it up in a single phrase for every person's inner purpose according to themselves: personal satisfaction. Broad I realise but it is relevant, satisfaction may mean knowledge, strength, money, power, peace, safety, charity, destruction, love any number of things so on the whole the meaning of life is definitely (as this thread more than sufficiently illustrates) up to interpretation for the person, for purpose, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

I could'nt have said it better