ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Ranokoa

Are you kidding me?! I never needed to messagebox FO3 before but OMG. Are you serious?

Am I reading this wrong or do I have to, rather than simply scripting it, actually MAKE a message with choices and conditions and then script it to SHOW MESSAGE?????

IS there a way around this, good ol oblivion messagebox? Good ol oblivion message?

I want my old Messagebox "words" "choice1", "choice 2"

If pressed = I WANT MY FAMILIARITY BACK!

Please tell me im wrong, PLEASE tell me there is such a thing as an FO3 scripted messagebox? Otherwise this simple mod is just increasingly a pain in my thigh and will take an added half hour altogether!

Be well, sleep well, fight well, live long.

~Ranokoa

PS: This is not joke i wanna know.

So... This being the former script segment:

scn script name

short choosing
short choice

Begin OnAction player
  if (player.GetItemCount Item >= 1)
  messagebox "Message", "Choice", "Choice"
  set choosing to 1
  else
  messagebox "Messge"
  endif
end

Begin GameMode
  if (choosing == 1)

set choice to GetButtonPressed

if (choice == 0)
	 Action Variable That happens when chosen 0
	 message "Message Here"
	 set choosing to 0
  elseif (choice == 1)
	 set choosing to 0
	 Message "Message Here"
  endif
  endif

end

And this being the new combined with this message:

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/4995/0000000j.jpg

scn script name

short choosing
short choice

Begin OnAction player
  if (player.GetItemCount Item >= 1)
  ShowMessage ID
  set choosing to 1
  else
  ShowMessage ID
  endif
end

Begin GameMode
  if (choosing == 1)

set choice to GetButtonPressed

if (choice == 0)
	 Action Variable That happens when chosen 0
	 ShowMessage ID
	 set choosing to 0
  elseif (choice == 1)
	 set choosing to 0
	 ShowMessage ID
  endif
  endif

end

this correct? Can I still script it to read variable selection and give action?

And yes I majorly censored my script. For good reason lol. Since this roadblock I have to wait 16 hours now before I can complete this. Gatta go to bed because it will take too long otherwise.

Anyways, can I still at least do normal old Message "message" ? Or do I have to make even the upper left hand message into a form as well.... If i wrote this wrong to adjust to this situation can you correct and give instruction please?

~Ranokoa

PS: Mind not the interface coloration. This is how I set up my computer since I got firefox, which looks similar in theme.

Aside from using "Show Message" instead of "ShowMessage" and "OnActive" instead of "OnActivate" and a couple of other small things, which I assume are all just typos, that's correct.

Messages that aren't message boxes work in exactly the same way - you need to set up a message form and display them via ShowMessage.

Cipscis

This new method allows the same message to be used multiple times in a script (or multiple scripts), so that if it is changed in one place that change is reflected everywhere. It might take a little longer to set up, but for the most part it is more useful.

Aside from that, there are more than enough cool functions available in Fallout 3 scripting that aren't available in Oblivion to make up for any inconvenience.

Cipscis

Yes, I may be in FO3, and you may be missing a letter in your derogative term, but my point to my cursing of the day they tampered with fallout scripting variations is solely derived from my familiarity towards TES IV scripting and modding, and the change in which is rather annoying to my taste I have to cope with. The fact that I can not give a simple scripted message means that this simple yet needed (for me) mod I intend to make will take a bit longer in complete, time in which I do not really have. I have plenty of rather large projects that need attending, small projects that take up a lot of time regardless, and life in general to deal with. So please, leave the insults to those in which you know all the variables towards attitude at the door. I feel it unnecessary to need to explain myself, but because you apparently need me to I did.

Thanks to those whom have provided me with the information needed in order to complete this mod. I will try to remember to credit you in the mod description. Not that I need to, just that I like to give appreciation.

~Ranokoa

PS: If a moderator could please close this discussion, my questions were answered, there is no need to keep this page open and available to further off topic comments.