How do I transfer Files?

Chaosoldier1986

Okay recently I built a new computer for which I will be using as a gaming platform and was wondering how do I pull mods from my old computer to my new one since some are no longer available on the nexus and quite a few I had downloaded via NMM instead of a manual download?

Edited by Chaosoldier1986

A few months ago I got new computer. Took the old HD my game was on and installed it as a slave drive, and redid my shortcuts to the game. You might want to consider that possibility.

That could take a bit of time. To make sure you don't muck things up, you might want to copy and transfer all folders. That way, you move the whole game and are assured you have all of the data.

Safest way to make sure things are right is to do a vanilla install on the new computer. That way you have your save file, ini, and all in the correct places. From your old computer, copy all the files in your data folder, then on new computer, copy into the data folder. Over write files already there. Depending on how large your thumbstick is, you may have to copy one folder at a time, or maybe just parts of one folder. Make sure you drop the files into the correct folders. Make sure Textures, Meshes, Menus, etc are all under Data, not just dropped in the game folder.

I've got one drive with the OS and programs on it, one drive for just gaming, one drive to store misc kak,

and an external with copies of the important things from the other three drives.