Bestiary

Cremdogz

I'd love for a mod in which it records how many of such and such a creature have been killed by you or your companion. It would be very interesting for me to see just how many things I've killed, and which ones. It should probably use the Hex numbers (do I have that right) of the monsters to determine which monsters are which, therefore, you can have mod added creatures in there as well. All of this would be recorded into a book, a book which can be exported to a .txt file if someone wished it. I have some ideas to this.

Firstly, different mods can recognise different things happening during the game. Using the normal Oblivion system, Oblivion XP can tell if you've read a certain book before or not. Refscope can tell you everything about a certain object or creature. The in game system keeps tally of number of creatures killed and number of people killed, and it keeps track of a hell of a lot more, even going specific with amount of jokes told. It would be great to have a way to find out which creatures we have killed, and how many of each. I'd love for this to be a mod.

Sorry for the double post, but I would like some sort of answer about it.

I'm just gonig to say this cause I know someone else will, try not to bump posts, it IS against the rules. But it sounds like a good idea for a mod, although it would almost definatly require OBSE ( I think )

I read somewhere else on the forum that if you don't get a response in 24 hours, you ma bump your post, though that's probably for a specific forum. But yeah, it would be really interesting to have, and definitely not impossible to do, since like I said, vanilla Oblivion records how many in general you have killed anyway.

I would imagine scripting something so it says how many things of each type of creature you have killed would be fairly easy too do.

The only problem I can think of is, the count will start when you install the mod. Not when the character was originally created.

Since the game never recorded any of that stuff previously.

I believe the bump post rule is if you don't have anything relevant to add to it then thread necromancy or post bump is not allowed. But I do believe that there is something like the whole post bump once or twice if answer is not given within a certain time parameter it is allowed. Hell of a lot better than cluttering with a repost lol. And quite clearly its been more than 24 hours. Although it is frowned upon in most situations to post bump, i believe, if I am not mistaken, that this particular situation it is totally tolerable. Don't be encouraged however to do this over and over to other threads. It is more or less a "once in a great moon" tolerable, not a "go rampid with post bumps" kinda thing. If that makes sense... idk sleepin pills startin to take affect >_<

Well.. although I can imagine this could be done using globals easily, it would probably take a long time to script, and would require many scripts that communicate with eachother without obse, but I can see how this would be done. Heck, I might be able to do it if I stretch my skills a bit and reuse old scripts. Would take forever for me to get right... Anyways, not the kinda thing I would do, too many mods already to do otherwise I'd give it a whack. But umm.. the way I would give it a whack would NOT to use a book lol. I would have NO idea how to do that >_<

I know what you mean, though it's 'once in a blue moon', not great moon. Sorry, I just wanted an answer, since I would work on it as well, but not only am I busy as hell for the next year, but I don't have the first clue about modding or even looking at scripts (except scripts like in a story, which is what I'm working on for the next year).

It would most likely use OBSE, since I figured it would probably be far easier to do it with it anyway, in fact, I didn't think if someone did do it, that they'd consider without it anyway. And I'm glad you said that it's definitely doable, so that's a good sign. As for the book, I really don't know the best way to go about it. Maybe a spell or an item which shows it if you activate it, like the hourglass thing for Deadly Reflex which resets the controls. I'm thinking of menu systems similar to that of Refscope.

Either way, thanks for your input.