Blood magic

AlienSlof

Well.. in TESIV there are consequences that permanently stick with you on your evilness. Such as killing a mages guild member too many times, dark brotherhood member, theives guild, ETC. 3 strikes your out. But it would be interesting if your actions are counted in such a way that you are attacked by anyone associated with them if you are too bad. Hmm... Yknow.. I think I may ACTUALLY have the skill to do this to a certain extent.. using things such as my UnderCover mod as a catalyst for it all.. hmmm... Meh, project for another day.

anyways, ya, so far as I have played in DAO I have to agree with the whole "The game is dead" kinda thing. At least if you have enough infamy versus fame guards say despicable things towards you, such as "You have blood on your hands.. Watch yourself or I will put you down" and crud. Wouldn't it be nice to have a group of modders who sound EXACTLY like a specific race? There is one mod.. I can't remember what it does, it might have been one of the earlier companion mods, like one of the first 20.. an argonian in the Arena district, the person who voiced him sounded very much like an argonian.

So with all this "suppose" and the fact that the game IS in its early infancy with modding, if said above things fit the criteria then I agree with vagrant that maybe one day someone will mod it to be "alive". Even modding it so town guards get hyped up and become aggressive when using blood magic would be nice, or like a 1/5 chance that a mage would attack, or your companions DO get -10 towards you (per day of use rather than use) and that could slowly come back up. Like -10 immediantly, then +1 every 5 minutes or so. Again, I haven't played much so I really don't know much, such as if there IS night and day that passes by like TES.

Anyways, keep your hopes up, but not too high, cross your fingers and you never know. when TESIV came out mods like Midas Magic's current version were nothing but a dream and OBSE was thought to be impossible. Things that seam absurd now can happen later when skill, programs (such as obse) and techniques are discovered. Keep a hopeful heart, and if you see a mod that uses many aspects that can be manipulated to fit this desire don't hesitate to inquire to the mod author about this, or even start a team and ask skilled "know-how" people to join.

Be well, sleep well, fight well, live long.

~Ranokoa

• 1 month later...

I believe there is a mod which re-enables a deleted scene where 1 of your party members fights you to the death for being a blood mage.

However, if you make the dialogue choices in that scene that results in you fighting that person to the death, then you cannot finish the game.

So the mod author wrote in a cheat which allows you to finish the game.

Search for "blood mage" in Dragon Age Nexus and you should be able to find it.

Actually I think it was an older version of Dialogue Tweaks. But they removed it after complaints about the landsmeet becoming broken...er.

About the game being dead, yeah no where near as alive as say Oblivion/Fallout however there are mods to help this. I can't really imagine playing an unmodded Oblivion anymore.

One of the things I don't like is the time, at least 9 months pass from arriving at Ostagar to going to Denerim/Mages/Orz/Forest/DLC and then time just seems to stop.

Actually I think it was an older version of Dialogue Tweaks. But they removed it after complaints about the landsmeet becoming broken...er.

Yes but as I understand it, the modder didn't write that scene himself. Consider all the voice-acting by Bioware actors, etc. He simply re-enabled something Bioware made but decided to cut out

So it's not as if Bioware didn't do what you want. They edited it out because something like your request breaks a story-driven game like DAO.

One of the things I don't like is the time, at least 9 months pass from arriving at Ostagar to going to Denerim/Mages/Orz/Forest/DLC and then time just seems to stop.

I agree, and I think the overworld map would have worked better if strategy mechanics from X-Com UFO Defense was added in.

Granted, that would put a time limit on all your goofing around, so you won't have time to finish every last side quest and companion quest. But that's what multiple origins (playthroughs) are for.