Did hel borne take his mods down?!

Ranokoa

I know hel borne quit the nexus... but did he take his mods down too?! I mean.. they were so awesome and there were some I havent downloaded yet.. did he take his mods down? And if so does anyone know if he disallowed reupload?

I know hel borne quit the nexus... but did he take his mods down too?! I mean.. they were so awesome and there were some I havent downloaded yet.. did he take his mods down? And if so does anyone know if he disallowed reupload?

I too would like to know the situation with Hel Borne and his mods, I was not aware he quit, and if someone could clarify as to why..

I would appreciate it greatly.. I can't seem to find any posts here or on the Bestheda forums that provide concrete information

about this issue... as it stands one of my mods was focused around his Spear set, and it would be a shame if he pulled his mods.

speaking of the issue, that said spear set is still on one other site, but I need to know if I'm stepping on toes for providing the link.

a quote from his mod

"Anything I have uploaded can be used as a modder's resource and may be altered or redistributed without permission of the author as long as you provide credit for the mesh/textures where used."

Again a response from someone that can clarify, more over.. one from a moderator would be appreciated.

scrollwork studios? maybe?

Anyways. Yes considering how every mod description was set up, using, redistributing, and or reUPLOADING under your name with his author and credits is allowed. Best to actually just copy and paste his readme's cause it credits him more. I've already uploaded one of his resources, simply because, a mod I'm making on the sides depends on them, and of course, they are a free resource, so there is no rule against their reupload. It's the same situation as with Slof, who unfortunately was in a situation that.. really just does not need to be put into detail. Let's just say she was the target of immature, unaccepting people and was emotionally forced to temporarily leave the nexus and recuperate. she took down her mods at that point. But, because of the legalities stated within credit sections of some, some mods were reuploaded to the nexus because of permissions. whilst she took them down, yes, they were still considered public files because of credit permissions she allowed to be set forth.

I wish I downloaded all his mods, there were some that I can now not get that I was intending to download when I was going to use them. I will reupload all that I can and all that I have.

The reason he quite the nexus, btw, he stated to me in a message about a week or so ago. My good friend said this in his letter:

"Primarily its the community's lack of interest in new content. I try to make quality stuff but its hard to justify spending 30hrs making one item just for 500 downloads, 2 comments, and no rating. Items I make are fairly trivial but then I see big team projects getting far less attention than they should and as I told Phitt I just don't see the audience we used to enjoy. Who are we modding for anymore?"

Sad.. but true. I wish he weren't... but he is justified in this completely, and 100% right. Its.. well.. just wish he understood the meaning of modders resource. Their for modders, who are vastly outnumbered by general downloaders, who will use them in a mod that CAN use them. Meaning not only does it have to fit their specific mod type, but they have to know about it as well. Hmm.. Yknow I might be able to talk him back in.. idk.. proly not.. but its worth a shot..

Well, I used too play oblivion while back.

I have rejoined the community and actually planning on making mods. Seems like I got here at a bad time but what hel borne did will always be with us. He did his part and now its time for the rest of us.

Even if tesnexus goes down, I'll keep working until I get at least 1 new world space for the Oblivion Planes. Only because there is a need. One of the many needs hel borne helped too full fill.

This might not be strictly ethical, but if someone releases something as a modders resource, that means to me that it is public domain and anyone can do anything with it as long as they say who originally made it in the credits. So if hel borne pulled down a modders resource mod, anyone else in the world would be allowed to re-upload it to TES Nexus as long as they said it included work done by hel borne.