shadowmadnezz

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Not as long as the others, I might get another one done this weekend. :ninja:

CHAPTER 5

The cannibal continued to burn the dead body with his flaming sword, and continued to pick at the heated remains, eating from it. Daniel and Zhou looked on, watching unnoticed. They both were uneasy with the thought of cannibalism, the sight and smell of burned flesh alone had them both on wits end. But Daniel turned his attention to the parking lot that laid before them. Ahead he saw broken down cars, shattered street and blood; fresh blood. His eyes scanned the dead body the man had made his feast, then looked to two others not far from it. The missing Caravan, Daniel thought. Has this lone man taken them down?

“How many? Just the one?” Zhou asked, as his body laid slumped against the car.

“Just the one..” Daniels response was chill, as he studied the feeding man. He thought that there might be other cannibals lurking about ahead of them. Waiting for their chance to pounce on them stealthily. But why would they wait? While one of them is making a delicacy out of a corpse in-front of them why wouldn't they join in? Cannibals, true Cannibals were rare. So this one had to be a loner. Rumors spread across the Capital Wasteland from the dept of the DC ruins, to Andale of a mysterious Family that takes in misguided Cannibal. Many joined this Family's cause, and converted to a more Civil type of savage. So seeing this Cannibal feasting on a dead body in such a crude, inhuman manner, Zhou and Daniel realized he wasn't affiliated with such a faction.

“Cannibals don't just feed on any dead bodies they find Daniel. They have got to be at least a days old. Fresh, ya know? So who ever he is snacking on has got to be our caravaner.” Zhou said.

“Great, so we just tag that freak, grab the stuff and head back to Dukov. Get our pay, Save Cherry. Hell, might even get lucky tonight.” Daniel Smiled. The thought of Cherry's see-thru nightwear was embedded in his mind.

“Easy now Reckless, Not so fast..” Zhou positioned himself up, and watched the cannibal with Daniel. “Look around.. No Brahmin? Any caravan merchant heading to Canterbury is expected to bring a large haul, Would be foolish to travel Their from Megaton without one. They would need a Pack Brahmin to carry their goods.”

Daniel looked around. And Zhou was right, no sign of a Brahmin. “Damn.. and it probably ran out into the wastes. Take us days to find that ugly thing..”

“Danny.. Not even a cannibal would resist killing a Brahmin. If not to feel his blade rip through ones body, to taste its bloody flesh.”

“How.. Poetic.” Daniel said sarcastically. He turned to Zhou and shook his head disapprovingly.

“Its true though.”

“And how would you know?” Daniel rose a brow, eagerly waiting his companions knowledge on the subject. Living out in the waste far longer than Daniel, Zhou knew of the worst, and best things the wasteland could offer. But his knowledge on Cannibalism eluded Daniel.

“Well I-”

“It really doesn't matter at this point,” Daniel interrupted. “So what do you suggest?”

“I suggest we talk to him.” Zhou lowered his eye lids, then slowly rested one of his hands on the car, his attention was fully on the Cannibal a few yards ahead of him.

“Talk to him huh?”

Zhou nodded, “Well.. After he finishes eating of course, No need to interrupt his meal. He might-” Daniel chuckled aloud and stood up from his crouching position. He equipped his 10mm pistol, and rubbed at its grip, removing some dust from it.

“Lets go say Hello to your new friend.” Daniel grinned anticipating the encounter as he started walking towards the direction of the cannibal. his 10mm aimed steadily infront of him, held by both hands.

“He might be hostile while hes eating..” Zhou said to himself.

Glad yall like it :) yall will be in for a treat in the chapters ahead, alotta twists n turns n stuff. Its like an M night movie

CHAPTER 6

The smell of burned flesh flooded the air, and its dark allure was ecstasy to the cannibal. He joyfully hummed as he chewed the tough human meat. The dead body's side was charred black, its ribcage was exposed and showed thick strands of fat, meat and bloodied bones. The man enjoying his meal let lose the grip from his weapon, and let it died out completely. He sat it to the ground, along with his blood stained knife and began to dig into the body with both hands. Picking past the fat, and blood, the cannibal focused on the softest meat he could pull from the body, and ate peaces he came across. Disregarding the blackened meat, he l crunch between his teeth and at it like it comfortably.

Daniel was nearing the fiend. His eyes not straying away from the sight. The look on Daniels face was cautious, not knowing how the man would react, but still showing a sign of fierceness, ready for the worst scenario. As Daniel came upon the cannibal, he was shocked to realize he wasn't even Noticed. About 10 feet away, he had a clear view of the mans face. The boys face. Late teens Daniel wagered, as he circled him, carefully. He nodded his head gently to the faint humming past the boys chewing. Mr. Sandman, a song Daniel was familiar with. Good taste in music.. bad taste in food.. he thought to himself.

Aside from the Cannibal eating off of one of the dead, Daniels got a chance too get a closer look at the dead bodies. They were weathered, almost bloating from the heat. And The blood was dried. They have been dead for at least a day, Daniel could tell. So if the cannibal did kill them, why didn't he eat them a day ago? That thought lingered in his head. But the only thing that truly worried Daniel the most about this kid was his weapon. A home made flaming sword, known by many as a Shiskabob. Few know how to make one properly, or even use one for that matter. So the fact that this boy had one and was using it to flay humans troubled him. But then again, He was the one with the gun.

"Now there's three things I don't understand.." Daniel said abruptly, catching the savages attention fully. His face was smeared with blood and bits of dirt, but the affinity of youth was well beneath it all. His eyes were shocked, looking displeased almost that he caught in the act of such a crime. But it didn't stop him from chewing, and slowly inching his hand in the direction of the hilt of his Shiskabob.

"One... Where did a freak like you get his hands on the Schismatics to make that fine peace of weaponry there..." Daniel said sarcastically, as the boys hand trembled onto the handle of the sword, that was made from old pipe fixtures. The Boys eyes slanted to the direction of the Shiskabob. The hilt was tied down by wires, and taped to keep it from falling apart. A fine weapon it was not.

"Two.. why would a cannibal like your self be eating off these dead body.." Daniel watched the boy, as his hand continued to slowly creep towards the sword.

"I didn't kill them.." The boy muttered gently, as his eyes focused on Daniel.

"And three.. Where the hell Did you stash their stuff.."

The cannibal laughed as Daniel finished his sentence. Then slowly began to arch himself up. Daniel cocked his gun and focused its sights at the boys face, then shook his head disapproving.

"No no.. You stay put.."

"Well.." the cannibal sighed, then lowered his head slowly. A few moments later he quickly grips onto his shiskabob and activates it, he swept the flaming sword still laying against the ground towards Daniel then rose it while he charged towards him with eminence speed and agility. Daniel fired shots towards him, but they caught flame and exploded as the Shiskabob blade e a perfect shield against them. poo.. hes fast.. Daniel thought, as he backed away and readied himself for his attacker.

With his left hand gripping his 10mm, he fired another shot, towards the cannibal aiming for his face, but He quickly dodged it like the others before, and extended his sword wielding hand out to case Daniels trigger arm to the side. The heat from the blade it, caught Daniel off guard as its steam caused his vision to subdue a bit. But it didn't stop Daniel from using his free hand to club his attacker in the back of the head. The cannibal stumbled to the side, but not after performed a carefully placed kick into Daniels Hand. The 10mm pistol went flying into the air, landing in a pile of rubble.

"Damn.. You fast little *censored*.." Daniel grinned as he backed up and shook the pain from his hand. He watched the cannibal, as he was crouching over, anticipate his own movements. Daniel circled him, and eyes the wire attached to the hilt of the Shiskabob. The thing fueling its destructive force.

"Didn't your mama tell you not to play with fire.." Daniel said. The cannibals face began to grow red with anger behind the blood and dirt. He lunged up and swung the blade fiercely, making Daniel struggle to back up. He then raised the blade, and slashed down at Daniel, who saved himself by throwing up his armored right forearm. He held out, shielding the flaming sword as best he could. The padded armor was reinforced with Kevlar, and a flame retardant material making it a perfect shield for such an time. Almost perfect. The cannibal used all the strength he could muster, and forcefully pressed his sword against Daniels heavily armored forearm. It was tough, but it was slowly beginning to burn, through the material. His arm would be next if he wasn't quick.

Daniels eyes tightened, as he held his forearm out to shield himself. His eyes viewed upon the dangling wire. Bingo.. Using his free hand he swiftly grabbed for the thing, and pulled it from the Shiskabob hilt. Pulling his arm back from the sword, he used the same free hand to punch his attacker across the face making him stumble over, and drop his blade.

"Damn you!" The cannibal growled. The weapons fire was dead, and his focus on attacking Daniel waned as his eyes wandered to the detached wire. He was angry, and spit blood from his mouth after facing Daniel.

"Aww.. I'm sowwy? Did I bwayk your widdle toy?" Daniel mimicked a child, with a cocky overtone as he spoke to the young cannibal. He shook his right arm out, then dusted the forearm protector off. A recognizable gash had formed across the fore armor, but the flame resistant material had worked against the fire, so it wasn't badly burned or damaged. Daniel knew the thing would protect him one day, and today, the armor served its purpose.

The cannibal ran his hand across his lips, whipping his own blood away from his mouth. The punch Daniel gave staggered, but didn't finish the savage. He cracked his head to the side with a tilt of the neck, and shoot himself up properly. After dusting himself off, he unfastened the latches attached to the motorcycle tank strapped to his back and let it fall to the ground. He nodded, as his watched Daniel enter a defensive stance. I can play that game.. The cannibal said to himself.

He lowered his flight goggles over his eyes, letting his loose dirty black hair fall along with it. After brushing it back he examined Daniels body. Covered in hardened, black combat armor as if it were a second skin, His only option for a fatal blow would be to go for the head. Or the neck.. The cannibal though as his eyes held onto the Combat knife strapped to Daniels armored thigh.

"Come on now. I understand. You got hungry.. Saw the caravan pass. Decided to get a little snack. Believe me. I know its hard to fight temptation.. except I don't exactly go around eating people. Dead people.. sick freak.." Daniel continued to taunt, as the cannibal stretched his body. Then began to stretch his arms out side to side.

Likes to talk.. The young cannibal thought to himself, as he calmed himself down. He lowered his head, then took in a deep breath. One... two...

"THREE!" The cannibal charged Daniel head on, and sent a swift punch to Daniels cheek. A bruise began to form, but Daniel ignored the pain as he viciously swept his right forearm into his attackers chest, following it up by an uppercut. The cannibal doubled back weakened. His face lit up red and he roared out as he lunged towards Daniel for another head on attack. The savages black duster swayed open as he attacked Daniel with a barrage of wild punches and kicks. Daniel blocked several of the attacks, trying to wear the cannibal out instead of attacking him directly. A minute passed, and the cannibals blood stained face was wet with sweat. Daniel laughed then countered one of the punches, by grabbing his arm, twisting it a bit then sending his elbow directly into the cannibals ribs.

A Gasp of air left the cannibals lips, and his eyes went white, Pain had shot throughout his whole body, and he staggered back. Daniel shook his head, then reached for his cheek where he was punched in the cheek.

"I barely touched you.." His eyes squinted as he touched his cheek, but he hid the pain well. The savage laid back, panting, gasping for air. Then out of the corner of his eyes, he spotted a brown cloaked figure heading in their direction. Zhou.

"Stop it already!" Zhou yelled out. Daniel turned his view to Zhou, then smirked.

"Stop? I'm just getting star-" Just as fast as Daniel turned his head, the cannibal was on him. Within a few seconds, the cannibal managed to tackle Daniel to the ground, unsheathe his combat knife and hold it against Daniels neck. It slightly began to bleed but Zhou had a strong grip on the boys arm, preventing him from cutting any deeper.

"ENOUGH!" Zhou shouted. The Cannibal laughed as he huffed heavy breaths.

"I always thought one makes peace with their god before they die.." Daniel said sarcastically as he locked eyes with the Cannibal. A a loud click was heard. Daniel made use of an idle .32 caliber pistol he spotted tucked inside the young mans duster just before he was tackled. As he held the pistols hammer back, Zhou forced the combat knife out of the cannibals hands, and pushed him back.

"God Damn.. who died?" The Cannibal laughed out loud, as he backed away from Zhou. He could smell past the brown cloak and knew of Zhous rotten figure, even with its clever disguise. He then reached for his side, where he had been elbowed earlier trying to comfort himself.

"No one yet, and I intend to keep it that way." Said Zhou. He reached for the 32. caliber pistol from Daniel.

"What? Its mine now." Daniel said with a grin. He stood up then examined the weapon.

"Danny.." Zhou said. Daniel tilts the pistols chamber forward, then dumps the .32 rounds onto the ground. After locking it back into place, he tosses it to Zhou, who follows by handing it to the cannibal.

"And what makes you think he wont shoot us..?" Daniel asked. Or try to eat us.. he thought to himself.

"Well I can't shoot you now can I?" The cannibals eyes scanned the ground where Daniel had dumped the rounds. Daniel scattered them with his foot.

"Listen. I'm sorry about my friend here. He has the tendency to shoot first ask questions later.." Zhou looked at the dead bodies, then watched the cannibal.

"You got a name stranger?"

"Just call me Jack." the Cannibal responded

"Jacko The Wacko.." Daniel whistled as he watched Jack. Zhou looked over to Daniel with a look that spelled out quiet. But Daniel took orders from no one. His calm gaze continued to watch the cannibal.

"Cute..." Jack went over to his homemade sword and the gas tank that powered it. He tried to piece the thing together.

"Ruined.."

"So these bodies are obviously the caravaners heading to Canterbury Commons." Zhou said calmly.

"So tell us what you know kid." Daniel added.

"Well to answer your questions.. One, I made this weapon my self.. Two, I didn't kill these people... And three, I didn't hide their stash..." Jacko said to Daniel as he cleared the remaining blood from his face. Zhou looked at Daniel, and rolled his eyes, Daniel shrugged then they both brought their attention back to the young man, raising his flight goggles from his eyes.

"But I think I know where its heading..." Jacko smiled then licked his lips.