Unknown Power

ashleyclark

I am not sure if this belongs here, but if not it can be moved to the proper place.

I have a question about an unknown power that I suddenly acquired and I have no idea how I acquired it. I recently started playing Skyrim on the pc, and discovered a mod called the Sorceress Tower up near Markarth. Upon entering the tower, it looked like a really nice place. In the basement there is a secret door, and when entering it, all the daderic statues are there. I clicked on one, the one in the center and nothing happened so I tried clicking on Nocturnal and nothing happened, so I left and went about my business.

I was also wearing the Immersive armor called Blood Witch armor for my sorceress. About an hour or two later I was in sneak mode, and all of a sudden this noise happened like a rushing sound and I was covered in this really dark shadow that looked like I was wearing the Ebony Armor from the vanilla quest that puts out a black shadow. The only difference was that my shadow was darker and it seemed like it was more deeper.

When ever I went into sneak mode it made this sound and the shadow appeared. It also did this whenever I went to cast a spell when an enemy was nearby. Riding a horse, all of a sudden the shadow would appear and I would know an enemy was near.

When an enemy gets near, the enemy then becomes covered in in this shadow, and it helps to kill the enemy.

Does anyone know where this power came from or what the name of it is?? I have tried to change armor but the power is still there. I have tried deactivating the tower, but the power is still there. I do know it has nothing to do with Dragonborn or Dawnguard for this character has not started them yet.

I just love this power, but would like to know how to turn it off and on. I would not want to get close to any guard or npc with this power and end up commiting a crime. Hope that made sense.

Any help in defining this power would be helpful.

Here is a link to the tower http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/53816/?

Here is a link to the armor http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/21572/?

The armor doesn't happen to have the same enchant as Ebony Mail?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iImGLXCidwU

It is not the Ebony mail, although the power acts the same, but more of a deeper dark. The only thing I can see is my eyes for the rest is just a big black shadow. Any enemies that I do battle with, you can see the shadow go to them and cover them. The armor itself is enchantable and comes with no enchantments.

There is nothing under the active except the Frostfall stuff. The outfit is made with a daedric heart and vampire dust on the forge. Is there such a thing as a hidden enchantment??

In the Sorceress Tower, the middle statue is not a statue, but looks like something you see one of the Black Books sitting on. There are no pics of it in the mod description, but it was a very nice surprise to see the cellar there.

Well, I have no idea, to be honest. What I can suggest:

backup your save.

Disable all mods.

Effect still there?

Other things you could do:

- Check the mod in the CK, and see if there is a script attached to the armor, or the shrines.

- Ask the mod authors.

It could be a million things that 'causes it, not necessarily an effect of the mods you mention.

I will try that. I know that I was wearing that armor when I went and touched the middle stone that said something about "Learn the darkest Secrets" or something like that. Then when nothing happened I went to Nocturnal's statue and clicked on it. Still nothing. Then I left and went exploring and a couple of hours later I had this awesome power.

I disablied all the mods and the new found power was gone. Re-activated all the mods but the tower and the armor ones. Waited 20 minutes and there was no new found power. I then re-activated the armor mod and nothing. Waited 20 minutes and nothing. Then I re-activated the tower and 20 minutes later the power is back. It has something to do with the tower and that book stand in the middle. Unless it is a delayed effect, because it took almost 20 minutes for it to show up again. I have sent a message to the author of the tower mod, so maybe the author can say how to turn it off and on, if it did ndeed come from the tower.

Oh well. Just my luck I find this awesome power and cannot shut it off when I want. lol