Divorced

humanbean234

My ex-wife and I were married on December 29th, 2008, here in Korea where I serve in 2nd Infantry Division.

She returned to the U.S. to complete teaching the semester at the college she was working at, with the intent of joining me here in Korea in July of this year.

Before she even arrived in July, though, she began trying to flip the script on nearly all the plans we had made prior to our marriage, and despite my best efforts to accomodate her and make her life pleasant here in Korea, she managed to drive the whole thing south in exactly four months. I'm not going to go into the details on what she did (or mostly, didn't do) that brought about my decision to terminate the relationship, as I'm not looking for pity or sympathy here, but know that the decision to end the marriage was primarily mine.

Our divorce was finalized yesterday, and she flew back to America this morning.

Less than a year.... I'm really not happy about it.

So, if I'm a bit snarky or bitter in my postings for the next few months, please bear with me... it may be some time before my faith in humanity is fully restored.

I have no experience regarding marriage, but I think I'm pretty close to understand how you are feeling in these moments. Less than 1 year... damn. As always life goes on and WE must go on to, becouse living in the past ain't a good idea. I do hope you'll get over this as fast as posible.

Cheers,

Pushkatu! ;)

Difficult to give encouragement since all relationships/feelings/conditions are different. I thought I was happy with the woman I was married to 11 years ago, but it wasn't to be. If her and I hadn't gotten divorced, it wouldn't have opened up the chance to finally find the one that was right for me.

But I have a feeling I know what you're going through. (been there, done that, got the scars)

Hang in there; thoughts are with you

I know this is going to sound harsh, but the best thing you can do is just move on. Don't dwell on what has already happened, but look forward to things that might happen which are good.