Trying out new installation order, suggestions are very welcome

The ".rim" files seem to be found in the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition\modules\single player\data", and appear to be used for attributes/actions for types of (or specifically named) characters. (Two examples were; "Plains_Undead", and "Taorons".)

But the "Healertacticspreset.gda" refers to one of the five available tactics presets for the Mage Class. Besides Healer, there are: Damager, Supporter, Controller, or Debilitator. Warriors get three presets: Defender, Scrapper, or Archer. Rogues two: Scrapper or Archer. (Plus three "Custom" slots for every class.)

Then there are the six "stances" you can assign: Default, Passive, Aggressive, Ranged, Cautious, or Defensive. Not sure what/where their files are... :laugh:

Found this too, but not sure how relevant it is and it looks kinda dead: http://modsreloaded.com/gda-editor-gdapp

Dead though it may be, that's The Tool for directly editing GDA files (though I'd get a copy from BSN, rather than some possibly shady 'mirror'). The other option is to edit/create an Excel file and compile it to a GDA with the ExcelProcessor.exe tool included with the toolset. Both are valid approaches, and in most cases it is personal preference and circumstance that will dictate the approach. (For example, I directly edit GDAs when I'm doing something simple like addressing Item Variation conflicts; I use the long way 'round Excel-spreadsheet-and-compile approach when a PRCSCR is involved, or I'm making numerous/complicated edits to a GDA.)

Edited by theskymoves

• 2 weeks later...

Glad things are working!

I always do my runs in this order: DAO --> DAA --> GoA --> WH, (with LS and "The DLC Which Must Not Be Named" only very, very occasionally. In fact, I'm about half-way through what I hope will be my last time ever for that one right now! :tongue: )