Any more ways to increase performance?

dgamer194

Give Razer GameBooster a try - it shuts down unnecessary Windows services while you play, and restarts them afterwards, thus freeing up resources. Also check that your antivirus is set to NOT check all files as opened, and ideally set it to ignore the Skyrim process (but then get into the habit of regularly scanning all files as a separate activity).

Here are two really low-tech solutions that always boost my FPS:

1) Get a lapdesk fan (if you have a laptop). Skyrim always runs better if your computer isn't smoking.

2) Restart your computer if it's been on for a long time. For whatever reason, doing so always helps me if I'm getting a lot of lag.

@BlackRoseofThorns

Thank you for your suggestions

I might try Vivid Landscapes and if it works better than Skyrim HD for me, then I will switch permanently

I watched both videos you posted, very impressive :)

Thanks again for telling me about this mod

@MarkingMKUK

Thank you, will do

I have Tune Up Utilities so i guess that does similar jobs of Game Booster, I have used GB in the past tho. It gave me a little improvement but nothing too significant

@steelfeathers

Something I almost never do! but will definitely do that because i have read before that restarting really helps however, didnt do it myself so i guess i better change my habits :) thank you

I have Nvidia GeForce 750M and I downloaded the new driver and it works so damn well :D

AC4 performance alot better

The Witcher 2 a hell lot better

and Skyrim too!

Now im actually able to play with 60 FPS in doors and out doors using Ultra settings

You guys tried that driver yet? I've heard negatives reviews but for me, luckily, it was a life saver

I didn't see you had mentioned you used it, but ENBboost is definitely recommended. Even if you don't use an ENB, the memory tweaks/fixes w/e you want to call it, are worth it alone. The settings you may have to google/or search the forums for, as adjusting them has different results for others. Just today, I edited mine and found a great performance increase that I hadn't known about before, and am glad for it. I feel stupid for not knowing before lol

OneTweak, ENBboost, SMME or w/e it's called, the skyrim memory manager thingy. It is a little easier than setting up the SKSE.ini file for 1.7 of SKSE, but to each his own.

Hope this helps :)

I have ENB Boost

It works well, I tested it with VM Map and I am nowhere near the 3.1 GB Memory Limit XD

It gave me a significant FPS hit but I used other mods/tools and the new driver to overcome that but im gonna go ahead and private message you to know more the tweaks dude!

Thanks alot!