Fallout 3 1.7 Patch Issues?

IxionInc

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I found a new method, here is what I did. (in brackets you can see the error the patch gave at that step)

installed retail version (missing line)

installed NMM

installed the Live disabler mod (missing dll)

installed a .dll repair from dll-repairs.com

the software repaired xlive.dll (patch installed, FO3 opened afterwards but did nothing (black window) closed it after 30 minutes of idle waiting) (actually it changed size once)

tested the FOSE launcher, so far it loaded the menu without problems

• 1 year later...

I hate to necro-bump but I'm having the same issue as OP almost verbatim. I want to update fallout 3 to 1.7 but running the patcher launches the game at the end, yet never actually updates. I can go to settings and see that it's still at 1.0.0.12. I've run it as admin, and uninstalled countless times, clearing out every mod in the fallout 3 directory.

Without updating to 1.7 I can't use FOSE at all, which removes a few good mods from my list.

This worked before and I had no problems. I made the mistake of installing a weather mod I didn't care for and had to uninstall the game, now I can't even get past the update so I can reinstall the mods. FOSE worked perfectly before, the only thing I did was uninstall, reinstall, and re-run the patch. Now it simply won't upgrade.

edit:

Well somehow I got it to work, I'm not sure exactly what I did. I removed one of the dll files from the fallout 3 folder so that it wouldn't run when it launched during the update. This wasn't even the first time I tried this but I did it right after a clean install, ran as admin, and removed pretty much everything from the fallout 3 folder that wasn't DLC, for some reason, it worked. This wasn't a problem before but I know if I ever uninstall again I'll have to deal with it, it felt like such a fluke that it suddenly worked.

Edited by Inoculate