real time settler wasteland sites

puck55

First was at TEMPLE UNION where Hannibal and his slaves are. Once they leave for Washington Memorial the area is free to move into. Inside the 'fort' I placed my cave houses for me and the market, etc, and outside I cleared the rubble and you are left with relatively flat land and a road with pavement that I lined up my minefield-type houses on, tho they're hard to place and I now prefer the ranch. The area is free from raiders/radscorp and it's on the caravan route so handy for supplies. Drawback is you can't fast travel from around fort you have to go along the road a little before you are allowed.

Second and fave is now ROBCO BUILDING [Moira Craterside gives as part of Wasteland Survival Book] near 10penny tower. Place the cave houses against Robco building and set up village in the open car park area where it's relatively flat and because i have WASTELAND LIGHTS mod it's nice and bright when night falls as there are quite a few street lights. Robot-selling NPC Tinker Joe passes this area but no caravans, however 10penny Tower is nearby for trading and if you stand where Mr Tenpenny sits you get a great overhead view of your empire and no enemy spawn at Robco either.

I clear things like cars, etc, by using the ¬ key on PC [below Esc key on left side] to bring up console and highlight item and type 'disable' [without quotes] then Enter. Then ¬ key again to return to game.

To complement RTS I use the following mods -

DC INTERIORS to gain access to townhouses etc where the modder has placed useful items like furniture and pictures, particularly in the Seward Square area where the Ranger Compound is, though there are some village items in Scrapyard red carriages worth copying

FENG SHUI as so much easier to place any item, big or small, being able to 'pin' weapons, pictures etc on to walls or place on shelves with better accuracy

BOBBLEHEAD DISPLAY UNIT as can set up in your village and not be tied to 10Penny or Megaton

MANNEQUINS [16 in total] that can be used to display armour and set up poses with them holding weapons

Edited by puck55