Bridgend - My first proper mod

ashiba

Ok, so I would like to start by saying hi! - Although I have used Nexus for years now this is the first tme I have posted on these forums. I really love the mods that you can get of this site so a big thankyou to every contributor...

I've been playing around with mods since I got the game, (I converted from the Xbox for this reason) but this is the first time I have decided to make my own mod to upload to the site. (I havn't finished it yet but I will keep this post updated with my progress so be sure to check back!)

So what is my mod exactly? Well first and foremost it is going to be a town mod. I know there are already loads of great town mods out there however, so mine is going to be a little different. My mod will have you build the hamlet of Bridgend from the ground up. You will see your very own hamlet develop around you as you bring new people to the area. The mod will be released in two parts: the first will have you build the town and find inhabitants for it, while the second will feature a dark and exciting new questline centering on your hamlet.

Well there you have it, I'm not sure how ambitious this is for a first mod but I'm sure that I'm capable of it, so thank you for reading and please check back soon!

It is a little ambitious, but as grm said if you're sure you can do it, then you can do it. And of course, you have these forums to ask any questions you might encounter while doing the mod!

Best of luck to you, and have fun modding, it's a blast!

• 3 weeks later...
Mini update: Hey guys I know it's been a while but I really haven't been able to put much time into the mod yet. With Christmas, all the troubles that this snow has brought and now exams starting next week (if the snow clears) I've been pretty pushed for time. Thanks for all the support all the same though lol, I'm keeping at it - check back soon.

I have a suggestion for building your mod: Try to keep it complete and playable at all times. By this I mean build things in stages so that the stage is relatively complete before you go on to the next stage. For example: You could build the first house, furnish it, decorate it, add NPCs to it, add dialog to the NPCs, and add a quest to the NPCs. Then you can build the second house. This way your mod is always pretty close to being fully operational. It just gets bigger and bigger and better and better. This way you can also keep your mod always installed and activated and do lots of play-testing while playing Oblivion for fun. If you ever get tired of working on your mod, or if something happens in your life that takes you away from modding, you can spend an evening or two to tie off the lose ends, and then declare your mod complete and upload it. You could always go back and expand it and release a new version.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Ok time for another mini update... After taking another break from the mod I returned to find tons of problems with the scripts, quest and dialogue; but don't worry, I have it all sorted and I'm moving onto the next stage today - I'll post a larger update in the OP some time later so stay tuned. [Y]