ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

More alive companions tips.

Tarm

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone!

I'm looking for mods that make companions more alive. For example if I leave them in a house it would be nice if they started doing things instead of standing still most of the time.

Any tips are welcome.

I'm looking for mods that make companions more alive. For example if I leave them in a house it would be nice if they started doing things instead of standing still most of the time.

Any tips are welcome.

Great idea! I think a magic effect script that forces an AI package would be the only way to do this. But I wonder if it's possible for an actor to go into a cycle set of AI packages this way, you know, moving between things like eat, sleep, and read until called out of the effect. I could see one package being applied at a time this way, but I'm not sure if you can get a whole set going.

Well some companions like Divine Avengers CM companions have rudimentary idle commands so they eat and sleep at regular times and train sometimes. It tend to get wacky results like training magic against a doorpost or something such though. They also wander aimlessly a lot of the time and have the same discussions with other NPCs over and over.

I guess half the problem is that most houses aren't companion friendly with cells, beds, available food, training facillities and so forth. Not much to do about that so making a companion mod that make them do more than eat, sleep, train and having repetitive conversations imho sounds like a great idéa. Making them use the available accomodations like baths or something. I like leaving companions in my house/houses. Gives them atmosphere. :)

You can always personally mod your companions if they are lacking such AI, though I thought the point was to have a way to do this in-game on any companion that normally doesn't have home packages built in.

If you're interested, the companions in my mods always have extensive home packages (eat, sleep, read, etc.) whenever they're sent home by the player. I have one mod that has 2 companions to choose from (070) and I'm currently finishing an extensive 'dungeon-network quest & player home' mod that comes with 2 companions and 1 servant. There is an interesting bit of a twist to the 2nd companion though. This latest mod will be uploaded quite soon.

You are right. That was my thinking. It seems I made a bad example.

It's almost 3 pm here now and I've celebrated christmas so I'm tired and not that sober. ;)

Being able to do it in game to companions that lack a home package and to modify one that already have one. Sort of telling them what to do instead of just saying "Stay here".

I think. Feels like I'm digging myself deeper.

Any tips are welcome.

Great idea! I think a magic effect script that forces an AI package would be the only way to do this. But I wonder if it's possible for an actor to go into a cycle set of AI packages this way, you know, moving between things like eat, sleep, and read until called out of the effect. I could see one package being applied at a time this way, but I'm not sure if you can get a whole set going.

You could give them scripted unplayable token items. You can have the scripts on the tokens monitor the passage of time, or look for certain behaviors. Then activate new AI packages.

I've sorta started down this road with a mod for Companion Share and Recruit. I made it so you can tell your companions to go to sleep. One script clears their current package, stops them following and gives them a sleep package and a token item. The token item has a script that watches for them to wake up and when they do puts them back in follow mode. This kind of thing could be adapted to switching them between eat, sleep, wander

The primary goal of the ExtremeCompanionControl is to create such an environment. it features a token based job engine which are used to control all companions logged into it.while the initial release does not really include the ai needed to bring the companions to life it does demonstrate the job engine's ability to control them without any script attached to the companion.the next release will include the multi layered AI capability. the primary layer is the need's layer which makes the companion want to survive. and is all that is really need for a general companion.from there we can give them a personality layer so they can be a little bit different then the rest of them.after that we can give them a higher purpose a quest of there own or many quests. these quest's will be companion driven and will not require an actual quest. they will also be able to page through them like a comic book. you can go back an replay your favor parts. this kind of setup will allow the creator to continue his/her story and you the player can jump to where you left off. I have just finished the cell record spell that will allow the player to setup any house for companion use. the player can choose which room the companion will sleep in and where to eat, any number of markers can be placed and tasked added to make them do thing's in these location's

I have my eye on ExtremeCompanionControl and now that you've made a cell command feature this could very well be The mod to customize companions behaviour. :)

I will probably not use the "Happy with player" feature much though. My patience would probably run out after a while. ;)

Hopefully you can shut that off if wanted.

The primary goal of the ExtremeCompanionControl is to create such an environment. it features a token based job engine which are used to control all companions logged into it.while the initial release does not really include the ai needed to bring the companions to life it does demonstrate the job engine's ability to control them without any script attached to the companion.the next release will include the multi layered AI capability. the primary layer is the need's layer which makes the companion want to survive. and is all that is really need for a general companion.from there we can give them a personality layer so they can be a little bit different then the rest of them.after that we can give them a higher purpose a quest of there own or many quests. these quest's will be companion driven and will not require an actual quest. they will also be able to page through them like a comic book. you can go back an replay your favor parts. this kind of setup will allow the creator to continue his/her story and you the player can jump to where you left off. I have just finished the cell record spell that will allow the player to setup any house for companion use. the player can choose which room the companion will sleep in and where to eat, any number of markers can be placed and tasked added to make them do thing's in these location's

I have to say this sounds pretty awesome. The most important features for me (not sure if they're implemented yet or not) would be defining and using the wardrobe sets and the corpse/ground looting. The closest thing I found to a companion who loots for you is Rhianna and she only loots about half the stuff.

Tarm, I understand that everybody has there own Idea about what makes a good companion and will do my best to make sure that I'm not shoving anything down anyone's throat. ECC is very modular and many things can be decided about the companion from the login script.rather then wasting my time figuring out how to turn these things off, it is better to let the player decide from the start what to turn on.while these option's may be a bit limited and first. but they will be added provided they are not outrageous and people take the time to supply feedback.

wizardmirth wardrobes at this point are used mostly for sleeping purposes at this point.if you give your companion [sleepwear] they will get undress and get into their [sleepwear] . if you don't like the Idea of them getting undressed then you shouldn't give them any [sleepwear]. and if you want them to sleep in thier [underWear] then you need only to give it to them. they will always choose new [DayWear] after sleeping, regardless of whether they actual get undress or not. as of the next release [underWear] will no longer be included and player will have to supply them. aside from that I haven't made ant other decision's about wardrobes. the thing to understand about ECC is that it is an engine and not really a companion mod. many things are planned for the ECC in term's of plug in's and custom made characters that will make good use of wardrobe's but care must be taken not to force it into any one direction or the people who use it will be very limited and soon someone will be releasing yet another companion to fill the gap. if you have Idea's about wardrobe's and how you would like to see them used fill free to express them. I can't make any guarantees but I can possible help you make a custom character template that will link to the engine as long as your willing to let this template be included for others to use.looting corpses is no big deal I'll make sure to include it in the next release.

as far as plug in go just to give you an Idea of what's planned

job's and setting up a little companion run village or settlement. organizing a party to clear out cells in which each companion would have a special role to fill. there would soldiers to kill the inhabitis gathers to clean it out a merchant to haul it all away a cook to feed everone perhap's some hunters to gather some food. there are any number of simulation's that could be created that would add a little break from the game and would still allow you to go out and kill something whenever you feel the need.