ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

More alive companions tips.

Tarm

if you have Idea's about wardrobe's and how you would like to see them used fill free to express them. I can't make any guarantees but I can possible help you make a custom character template that will link to the engine as long as your willing to let this template be included for others to use.looting corpses is no big deal I'll make sure to include it in the next release.

as far as plug in go just to give you an Idea of what's planned

Since you mention it, I'm looking for an ideal system for getting NPC's to loot everything within a certain distance. This must include dropped items like weapons and everything on a corpse. Ideally, when commanded, they walk around picking up everything one at a time (or at least once per corspe) and show the check corspe or use item animation each time. And when they are done they will deposit all the items they just looted into a predefined container.

I need something like this for my next mod and prefer this feature be built into the mod so that it can be properly customized to suit the situation. Should you choose to help at all then you will of course be given full credit and I will recommend and link to your mod.

if you have Idea's about wardrobe's and how you would like to see them used fill free to express them. I can't make any guarantees but I can possible help you make a custom character template that will link to the engine as long as your willing to let this template be included for others to use.looting corpses is no big deal I'll make sure to include it in the next release.

as far as plug in go just to give you an Idea of what's planned

Since you mention it, I'm looking for an ideal system for getting NPC's to loot everything within a certain distance. This must include dropped items like weapons and everything on a corpse. Ideally, when commanded, they walk around picking up everything one at a time (or at least once per corspe) and show the check corspe or use item animation each time. And when they are done they will deposit all the items they just looted into a predefined container.

I need something like this for my next mod and prefer this feature be built into the mod so that it can be properly customized to suit the situation. Should you choose to help at all then you will of course be given full credit and I will recommend and link to your mod.

I think your really missing the point here.The Idea is to help you build around ECC and not to Dissect it. If you think of ECC as the cobl of companion's then you will begin to understand it's true purpose.

let's say that Tarm has created a beautiful respectable church going companion.and one day you just happen to catch a glimpse of her. you are quite taken in by her beauty but your intentions for her are anything but respectable.so one night you trick her into leaving the safety of the town and capture her and now she spends her time looting corpse's for you and a few other thing's we won't talk about. Tarm is ferrous now and is hell bent on revenge, so he assembles a team to come after you and save his beloved companion from your evil intention's.

so if you were to create your mod with your code and tarm was to create his companion with his code there would be no chance that this sort of thing could ever happen. but if you were both using ECC then yes there is a good chance that something like this could happen.

I think your really missing the point here.The Idea is to help you build around ECC and not to Dissect it. If you think of ECC as the cobl of companion's then you will begin to understand it's true purpose.

let's say that Tarm has created a beautiful respectable church going companion.and one day you just happen to catch a glimpse of her. you are quite taken in by her beauty but your intentions for her are anything but respectable.so one night you trick her into leaving the safety of the town and capture her and now she spends her time looting corpse's for you and a few other thing's we won't talk about. Tarm is ferrous now and is hell bent on revenge, so he assembles a team to come after you and save his beloved companion from your evil intention's.

so if you were to create your mod with your code and tarm was to create his companion with his code there would be no chance that this sort of thing could ever happen. but if you were both using ECC then yes there is a good chance that something like this could happen.

No I think you're missing the point. I was just asking for help with my mod, not to dissect one of your own. That's ok. I will try and figure it out on my own or find someone else.

No I think you're missing the point. I was just asking for help with my mod, not to dissect one of your own. That's ok. I will try and figure it out on my own or find someone else.

very well, I will help you figure it out, you will need to figure out which animation's we will need and let me know how you would like to apply this to the npc. but I would like to use these animation's in my code as well just so you know. Ok ?

Ok this sounds great! Let's see.... I'm not sure how much of this is difficult to do or not, but here's what I'm looking for. If anything is impossible or just too difficult then let me know and maybe we can figure something out.

I think all I would need is just the raw script for the looting, which I can add to the existing NPC's script or the quest script if need be. The 'loot' command would be triggered by a call button used in my mod, or in dialogue when the NPC's are following the player. I just need to know what the script will be dependant on, like AI packages and any outside variables which I can handle.

Each call type requires a set radius for them to search in so that they stop searching when everything in the radius has been acquired. In the case of called via button, the radius is set from a pre-placed marker. In the case of following the player, radius is set from the NPC's current location.

Possible Problem: There should not ever be any items behind walls/floors or anything like that but just in case something falls through somewhere (you never know), it would be good to have a safety of some sort where they give up trying to reach that item if they can't reach it within a certain period of time. At that point they move on to the next item and do not try to reach the buried item again, or if nothing else is left then they end the search there.

As far as animation, the standard 'check corspe' animation should be fine for searching bodies and for dropped items whatever is default for picking up items dropped on the ground.

Also it will be possible to have both NPC's in my mod search the same area at the same time so we need to make sure that anyone picking up items in the radius does not disrupt their search in any way -- like for example they get stuck because an item they think is there is no longer really there. (Not sure if this one may be a problem or not.)

Also depending on the call type there are two different containers for the looted items: if called via button there is a pre-placed container everything goes into. If called via dialogue then they should have their own "internal" container accessed via dialogue as "loot container". Also, I would like to weight-cap these internal containers so that they won't be able to move if too much (maybe 100 lbs. or more?) is placed inside it.

Most of this I think I can handle on my own. I'm mostly just looking for help with the looting script especially because I really prefer to focus on quest-design. If you help then the script you write is yours to do with as you please. I will just be borrowing it and crediting you for your help in my file.

Ok this sounds great! Let's see.... I'm not sure how much of this is difficult to do or not, but here's what I'm looking for. If anything is impossible or just too difficult then let me know and maybe we can figure something out.

I think all I would need is just the raw script for the looting, which I can add to the existing NPC's script or the quest script if need be. The 'loot' command would be triggered by a call button used in my mod, or in dialogue when the NPC's are following the player. I just need to know what the script will be dependant on, like AI packages and any outside variables which I can handle.

Each call type requires a set radius for them to search in so that they stop searching when everything in the radius has been acquired. In the case of called via button, the radius is set from a pre-placed marker. In the case of following the player, radius is set from the NPC's current location.

Possible Problem: There should not ever be any items behind walls/floors or anything like that but just in case something falls through somewhere (you never know), it would be good to have a safety of some sort where they give up trying to reach that item if they can't reach it within a certain period of time. At that point they move on to the next item and do not try to reach the buried item again, or if nothing else is left then they end the search there.

As far as animation, the standard 'check corspe' animation should be fine for searching bodies and for dropped items whatever is default for picking up items dropped on the ground.

Also it will be possible to have both NPC's in my mod search the same area at the same time so we need to make sure that anyone picking up items in the radius does not disrupt their search in any way -- like for example they get stuck because an item they think is there is no longer really there. (Not sure if this one may be a problem or not.)

Also depending on the call type there are two different containers for the looted items: if called via button there is a pre-placed container everything goes into. If called via dialogue then they should have their own "internal" container accessed via dialogue as "loot container". Also, I would like to weight-cap these internal containers so that they won't be able to move if too much (maybe 100 lbs. or more?) is placed inside it.

Most of this I think I can handle on my own. I'm mostly just looking for help with the looting script especially because I really prefer to focus on quest-design. If you help then the script you write is yours to do with as you please. I will just be borrowing it and crediting you for your help in my file.

how about I make a looting spell that can be used on any npc then you can see how it works and figure out how to adapt it to your need's

oh one other thing, anything I create will require OBSE v18 b5 as I know no other way to do it.

Well I,ve been doing some thinking and remembering why I created the job engine in the first place.you see oblivion is very touchy about container's and having to npc's adding and removing things at the same time will likely cause a lot of crashes.when I started to learn to auto dress my companion's I ran into this problem alot don't really know why because it was two different script's on two different companion's so there should'nt have been a problem but there was and the only way to fix it was to create an engine to control them. something you should think about.