corrupted textures

phaz

hi.

recently i have been having problems with textures being corrupted (i think) in oblivion. i dont think it has anything to do with the textures themselves as i installed the Heaven's fury armour set last night and it too looks f**ked, also the heavens fury claymore from OOO is also bad and some of the icons for generic clothing (clogs, breeches etc) are also bad.

so do i need to reinstall oblivion. d/l OOO again isnt an option :wallbash:

attatched pic is me w/f'kd up claymore

In my experience, reinstalling Oblivion is usually pointless. It is disruptive and takes time and doesn't usually solve anything. That should be a last resort kind of option when other things are not working. You might try figuring out exactly which items have bad textures. There must be some pattern to which textures are good and which ones are bad. The old standby is to disable mods systematically until things start to work. Then systematically and slowly reenable them until things are broken again. Then delete all copies of the bad mod from your computer and storage media.

You mentioned that The Heaven's Fury Armor Set is broken. You might try downloading it again to see if your copy was corrupted, but it is probably just a problem with that mod itself that you can't fix, or a weird conflict with your other mods.

You might try reading conflict reports. If you are really really wanting Heaven's Fury, you could keep it active and systematically remove everything but it until it starts working. If you are a bit of a modder, you could use GIMP or whatever to actually open the suspect texture files and see if they are corrupted. (See if your claymore is pink in the file.) Files do get corrupted, but I have not actually heard of dds. files for Oblivion being corrupted such that they are usable but funny-looking.

I wish I had an easy answer for you, but I don't. Good luck!

i found the original zip file i had for OOO

but reinstalling it was to no avail.

i opened up the affected texture files with photoshop and they appear fine.

so it doesn't appear to be the files themselves, something else is amiss.

and my house mate accidentally took my oblivion disk with him (to the netherlands!!!!) :wallbash:

also if the download was corrupted i would get CRC errors (happens a lot with this crap ISP)

• 3 months later...

1) Any mod that add shaders to enchanted weapons? Could the effect textures be missed?

2) Install the ArchiveInvalidation! mod.

3) The OOO files are in a BSA file? It is registered in the Oblivion.ini?

Let mw know if helps.

• 2 weeks later...
OOO's files are not in a BSA. If you are using version 1.34b5, you need to install OOO 1.33 Complete first. Also, make sure that BSA Redirection is set in OBMM (Utilities > Archive invalidation.) If you used the EXE to install OOO 1.33, you should download the archive version, and use OBMM to install it instead. If the problem persists, could you please post your load order.

• 1 month later...

Re icon issue, try setting texture size to large, cured issue I had with icons, and / or try the patch

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes4Mod:Unofficial_Oblivion_Patch

See

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes4Mod:Unofficial_Oblivion_Patch/Items

The inventory icon for Clogs will no longer be random graphic noise if Oblivion is set to anything but large texture size.