Valkyria Chronicles

Mikako

I am literally disappointed with you people. I have not seen a web forums based around video/PC gaming yet which didn't even mention this game. For frap sakes it was on the list when they were deciding best Strategy game of the year. :closedeyes:

It is my Personal Favorite PS3 game, my favorite game which came out in 2008 *pushes fallout 3 out the window* sorry I liked you slightly less than Valkyria.

Valkyria Chroincles is a cross between 3rd Person Shooter and Turn Based Tactics and it is an instant winner. As GameTrailer.com said, there is literally NOTHING else quite like it on the market before and since, it is a completely unique game.

Music was excellent, story was good, maybe great, counts on your point of view for the story. Animation was excellent, watching the hair move realistically, gear bouncing around, and the character animations were very nice over all. 50 Characters to choose from to command all very well detailed, all with their own dialog. All the soldiers get their own biographes which you unlock by using them more and more, some going up to a full page of information. Best part about it the game has ZERO Bugs, none at all. Makes it a Dream, no game was ever made so perfectly which I've seen in a very long time. Everything is explained in way of text you don't have to read it, but all the weapons, vehicles, cities, nations, people, scientist, history, technology, everything is explained on the game, no big book or fan gripe material found years later on websites, it's all there built into the game for those interested enough to read about the world the game is based it, adding a better sense to the world than most games even attempt to.

Launch Trailer

GT Review

Random Gamer Review 1 Random Gamer Voice... why are they always so bad. :confused:

YAA Good Voice... actually this is a very old review before it was even released in the United States or Europe. Very good review, poor him when reviewing the game wasn't in english but he still got a lot right. lol

Just to be comical. This game did awful in the United States. It sold enough to give Sega the go ahead to release Valkyria Chroincles 2 on the PSP. But the English Version didn't even get Trophies because of the poor sales made spending the money to release them not worth it. It's one of those sad games in gaming history, where it's very good, but just so many other MORE popular style games came out at the same time,t hat it was just completely over shadowed.

It sold a lot in Japan, in fact it was like an uber hit in Japan. So much so they made a Cartoon Series based off it which was kind of comical to watch. :blink:

News Reporter Spy Clip From the Specials released on DVD. Nice Clip of Ellet showing pictures of all the Female members of Squad 7 to the Guys... of course not naughty pictures but funny when Alicia shows up and catch them all, knowing she was one of the people spied on.

If you get it and play it yo uowe it to your self to watch and read most everything. in the game, well maybe except for the technical stuff for weapons, but much of the world history stuff, and character bio's you unlock add a lot to the game while you're playing it, unlocking special missions and cut scenes for individual main characters also hads background story to side characters such as Elleanor, Largo, Rosie. Eta. Some of my favorite characters in the game are members of the around 50 random soldiers you get to command just their attitudes in battle rule. Jane the Sadist, Edy the Panicky freek... Nancy the Klutz, Ted the Clown, Cartherine... she sounds british so she automatically pwns the other 4 snipers. Dallas the Lesbian, oh god she made me laugh when I first found out she was. Wasting money on Ellet's book content is worth it as well. :rolleyes:

First time through the game is most enjoyable definity if you don't cheat by looking up on how to beat the battles. Unlike GT Review of the game battles are not dynamic, the AI does react counting on where you send people, which does make battles not always 100% the same, and god they exploit when you make mistakes sometimes.... :wallbash: The Reviewer I don't think knows exactly what Dynamic means, because Dynamic primary stands for random deployment of soldiers, VC the AI deploys all their units at the same locations every time you play the battles, so if you finished it before and memorized where their hidden units are, no more worries of walking into ambushes or traps, or hell... lol God I remember one battle I was using the tank as a shield and like the World Wars advancing a couple infantry units behind the tank inch by inch across the map because they had so many snipers and no real good cover in a few locations on the map. :blink:

I don't rush these things or look for guides anyway, I usually take a lot longer to finish games than others do. It was posted yesterday but what with New Year and an upcoming bank holiday it may take a while to arrive.