3 probably-easy-to-do-requests

Buzzerker1775

Hello!First of all,I have no skills in modding whatsoever,which is why I came asking for help here.

I've been looking for a long time for mods that would implement these here ideas:

A: Doctor Costs
It makes no sense to me as to why are the doctor services so cheap.A room at the Dino-dee-lite is a 100 caps,but bringing you back from the brink of death,only 50 caps?This really ruins immersion for me.Any way to increase the value?

B:Sex Bonuses

Would it be possible to add a little bonus to when your character has sex(i.e blackout with for example:Red Lucy,prostitutes,etc)?Like Well-Rested,maybe?In such a bleak world,Im pretty sure getting some would really benefit somebody in a noticeable way.

C:All Mines are buried...or more discrete?

I personally think is funny and immersion-breaking when an enemy just jumps on top of such a obvious and attention-grabbing mine in the middle of open and plain terrain.Maybe the mines could be retextured to something camouflaged,or they could all look like the Buried Mines in some parts of the game?

Would somebody look into these and let me know their thoughts?It would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello!First of all,I have no skills in modding whatsoever,which is why I came asking for help here.

I've been looking for a long time for mods that would implement these here ideas:

A: Doctor Costs

It makes no sense to me as to why are the doctor services so cheap.A room at the Dino-dee-lite is a 100 caps,but bringing you back from the brink of death,only 50 caps?This really ruins immersion for me.Any way to increase the value?

Yeah that one could be changed pretty easy

B:Sex Bonuses

Would it be possible to add a little bonus to when your character has sex(i.e blackout with for example:Red Lucy,prostitutes,etc)?Like Well-Rested,maybe?In such a bleak world,Im pretty sure getting some would really benefit somebody in a noticeable way.

Well rested huh? I think your doing it wrong. But yeah you can easily add a actor effect or perk and remove it after a set duration.

C:All Mines are buried...or more discrete?

I personally think is funny and immersion-breaking when an enemy just jumps on top of such a obvious and attention-grabbing mine in the middle of open and plain terrain.Maybe the mines could be retextured to something camouflaged,or they could all look like the Buried Mines in some parts of the game?

They can be buried, but you have to do them for every instance so that might take a while. They can certainly be re-textured (using the same texture as the landscape), but there would be a variety of texture sets to fit the variety of floor textures. Long story short yes easy to do, but may take some time to implement. Maybe a good grunt/newbie project.

Would somebody look into these and let me know their thoughts?It would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

NP brother.

Thank you for such a quick answer!I wish I could do it myself,but I wont have time to learn the basics of modding until the beginning of next year,when Ill have my freedom back!Until then,anybody wishes to volunteer to implement ideas A and B?

buried mines.....this has always bugged me. my understanding of mines comes from a book about combat survival. FNV vanilla frag mines look...to me...like anti tank mines which you have to try pretty hard to set off while on foot as they are not anti-personnel mines, why waste ordinance on a person when your aiming for a vehicle or piece of armor....or they could be the vs50 mine .....but idk, anyway i think it would be cool to have mines like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Schrapnel_allemand.JPG where if you set the mine only the top half is visible, but if you drop it unarmed it would be the whole thing...idk if thats possible though, and at that point it would be easier just to have the world model be the top half

"... next year,when Ill have my freedom back ..."

are you.....requesting mods...from prison?!?!? just kidding, although i do wonder what that statement means haha

That would be very cool indeed.I dont think is gonna happen,though.Oh well.

Lol I knew somebody would say that!Not prison,Im serving the Armed Forces.Which is pretty much the same.Taking a couple months just to relax after this is over,and probably learn the basics of modding,so I can contribute o/

Not always,though.Thats a shame,really.I wish there were more traps in the game overall.

i wish they had alot of traps they had in F3 and a few better ones. even if there simple. (like walking over land and u fall threw something and theres spikes that hurt u. even bare traps i thin would work along with something springing at u once u step on a presser plate (i see to easily) like a arm like thing holding nails into to stab u. i never thought irl anyone would but mines all around inside a building since it could cause the hole thing to fall ontop of u. i understand simple nad traps

Not always,though.Thats a shame,really.I wish there were more traps in the game overall.

Mines can be really annoying and lethal, especially if you use Project Nevada to limit your health... XD

Though, I can't remember ever being hit by the those shotgun rig traps. Their useless...

Mines can be really annoying and lethal, especially if you use Project Nevada to limit your health... XD

Though, I can't remember ever being hit by the those shotgun rig traps. Their useless...

I was,while using PN to limit health...my character died,but it was weirdly satisfying.Someone gotta teach them how to hide them better!