NVBIII: Poll regarding restrictions on travel

Guest deleted2159825

NVBIII: Should I Stay or Should I Go?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Should the player be forced to stay in Utah for the duration of the mod's final act(s)?

• Yes, for as long as it takes.
    • Yes, but only if the plot moves along swiftly.
    • No. The player should be free to come and go until the conclusion.
    • Other (Please explain)

Guest deleted2159825

As some of you probably know, production of NVBIII is well underway. At present, I'm debating whether or not to restrict the player from traveling to and from the Mojave when he/she goes to Utah, where the bulk of the mod's quest content is set. If you have a more nuanced response than those included in the poll, please post in the thread. Feedback is welcome!

I voted for "Yes" restrict travel for as long as it takes because I want to let you take creative control of the gameplay situation of the worldspace as much as possible to your content. But in the end anyway you decide to do it will be fine!

If the world space is interesting and well designed, then sure, I have no doubt the story and quest content will be brilliant so not leaving is all good. I don't think people would like to be trapped there for hours or anything though. An hour or two is probably a good amount of time. (In my opinion anyway)

Voted for restricted travel. The player is heading to the showdown, their only concerns should be getting s#*! done in utah not whether or not they left the stove running in the Lucky 38.

I voted for restricted because I have total faith in you. Having said that, I think the devs did ok with Lonesome Road in giving the player complete freedom but the story held me in that "final showdown" send mentioned above that I didn't want to go anywhere. I couldn't, because I just HAD to get my resolution. It didn't matter my character had a broken leg and food poisoning thanks to IMCN, I NEEDED to see it to the end. I know you can do that to me too because you've done it before.

Voted for restricted travel. The player is heading to the showdown, their only concerns should be getting s*** done in utah not whether or not they left the stove running in the Lucky 38.

Took the words right out of my mouth. This is a final showdown with quite possibly one of the most evil character to ever come from a mod. Your main concern should be the final confrontation with Marko not whether or not you forgot to pack an extra pair of underwear.

Guest deleted2159825

Well, it would appear the "restricted's" have it thus far.

HAHAHAHA, YOU'RE MINE!