ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

How good are these specs?

nightinglae850

I was looking at buying a Asus gaming laptop. how good do you think these specs will be for skyrim/gaming? vanilla skyrim and heavily modded?

Intel Core i7

1TB hard drive

2.4GHz (with Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz)

12GB of DDR3 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M

2GB dedicated GDDR5 memory

Edited by nightinglae850

Decent enough for Skyrim. Only thing looking a little worrysome is the CPU power, but I'll simply assume it's got at least two (probably four) of them, so that'll do.

Skyrim itself cannot utilise more than about three point something GB of memory before crashing, anyway. So everything over 6 GB RAM should do for the time being.

Does the Laptop have enough cooling power? Otherwise you can't actually make use of the 765M's auto-overclocking.

But really, for Skyrim that shouldn't be necessary.

Decent beast you have there, even powerful than my RIG. I'd say that'll handle Skyrim, with super rare lag in some areas. Quad cores are good for gaming--assuming you have a quad core CPU you'll be good to go.

It will do. I have a AMD A6-4400M (Up to 3.2 Ghz) and I can run Skyrim pretty well with a few (+60) mods without ENBs.

Also, your laptop should be enough powerfull to have some nice mods, like overhauls and ENBs. I think you're into it since you are asking on Nexus. ~

A monstrous laptop. That'll run Skyrim like silk. Good thing I upgraded my GPU to GTX Titan Black, ever since I upgraded my GPU Skyrim ran like butter.

Edited by CthulhuCthulhu

I wouldn't do that besides who needs 2k textures anyway? Choose wisely, 2k textures or ENB? Either one will make your game better. 50+ mods is ok though as you have a good CPU.

2k+ENB will put a burden on your GPU and your CPU if you combine them together I suggest downloading the 2k lite version instead, if you however installed the full version of 2k your pc will run Skyrim in an average of 20-30 fps which is bad.

Edited by CthulhuCthulhu