Funny Oblivion Incidents

Stampede

With my latest character I did the Battle for Bruma with Ulrich Leland (the rude guard captain from Chaydinhal). He sure took a lot of hits cause when we returned to Bruma I discovered his armor was totally ruined. In other words, he was walking in his undies. I'm never gonna do the "Fines" quest now. I just like the idea of Chaydinhal as a kind of loonie asylum.. :biggrin:

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Martin, he's noble and kind but for the love of god DON'T call him a 'murderer'

I had completed the aid for Bruma quest and had a nice assortment of guards ready to take on the Oblivion spawn, the third gate opened the battle was going well finally the great gate erupted from the ground, so in I went, running the gauntlet for the great stone.

On my return there was Daedra everywhere, so I got stuck in, the guards where dropping like flies but we were victorious, then some dumb'ass guard calls Martin a murderer, OMG what a temper, Martin then proceeded to slay the last of the guards with the help of the Blades. Then like nothing happened he just strolled of back to Cloud Ruler Temple.

I wounder what he would do if you called him a male without a father love child. Martin has got some anger issues I think but he's a nice enough person........Just don't call him a murderer.... :no:

I was using that toaster's companion mod, just exploring with my Breton and Khajiit companions. I decided I needed to find some Nirnroots, so walking along the watersides near Leyawin I found about 20 of them.

I wanted more so I kept searching, and as usual a mudcrab shows up and I kill it with one hit, a couple more come scrambling from the behind some rocks and the Khajiit is the first to get to it, I told the other companion to do nothing just because I wanted to see how strong the Khajiit was, now it took him a while to kill the thing because his aiming with his bow was so bad. During the battle he cries out, "I fought Mudcrabs stronger than you!"

Sometimes I don't get why they don't fix stuff like that...

I found it funny, but maybe you have to be there...

I was just making my new char and was almost done the boring start and i felt like knocking down the king and his blades after a while they started attacking me :blink: I tryed to yield to them but they rejected it so i was running around not trying to not get killed some how this triggered another thing assassins started to appear and was chasing me too. After some running i got cornered face first :wallbash: I was praying hopping to live then to my surprise they started attacking each other and i was in the corner staring :mellow: when the assassins died the king and blades started to go back to there regular story line parts and i was left unhurt

• 2 weeks later...

Through my first 24 game hours, I had a single horse. It was the crappy horse that you get outside of the Imperial City for free if you have the horse armor mod. My horse and I went everywhere together, I never did a single thing on foot. We went through a ton of battles together, ran away from overwhelming odds, and shared a few laughs. I named him Horsey.

Well, we were heading up a road (just south of the Imperial City) when I was suddenly attacked by two wolves and a Bandit carrying a warhammer. I was separated from my horse while the wolves went after horsey and the bandit went after me. Horsey's fight wasn't going well, as he started to high tail it away from the wolves. I turned to pursue the wolves and my horse for a good three-four minutes. The bandit with the warhammer was in chase of me occasionally swinging his massive warhammer (and missing badly). Horsey and the wolves were too fast and I could never catch up with him. They eventually vanished over a hill and suddenly the wolves came back after me. I disposed of them and the warhammer bandit and started to climb the hill to look for Horsey. When I got to the top, I couldn't see him anywhere, I thought he might have gotten away. Then I looked down into the lake, and sure enough, there was Horsey resting at the bottom dead. :( :(

I was sad for a long time. I didn't even want to get another horse for at least another 10 game hours or so, heading to each quest point on foot instead.

Another story:

In top level of one of the Oblivion Gates (the sigil stone room) a scamp attacked me, did a 180 and tried ot hightail it out of there. The only problem he was standing directly in front of this "Pyre" of fire and took one step and slammed right into this giant flame and died. I laughed for a good minute until one of Ko9 brothers decided the Oblivion gate was true cruel a fate to survive and did the same thing (although this time it looked either international or really, really stupid). :)

I was standing waiting for the oblivion gates to open with martin when a fleeing NPC came running past me with a minotaur on his tail. Me using OOO meant that this was one bad-ass strong minotaur. He killed about 4 guards before succumbing to the endless hail of arrows and blows. All the while deadra were coming out of the gates

Yea thats tru. i was ontop of a builig up really high or something, when all off a sudden i hear, "the dawn is awaking" or sum crap like that, turn around to see a mythic dawn agent charging me on a large rooftop. longsword drawn, he makes a head-on bonzai charge for me. he does a massive power attack shooting forward, just as i nimbly sidestep. there he is in mid air, facing me sword in mid swing, about to plummet to his death. a comical sight in 3rd person. i go down to the ground, with guards and citizens crowding him saying "are you alright sir? sir? sir...? oh my god. this persons dead. then walk off.

LOL

• 3 weeks later...

I was cruising around in the lake (doesn't matter which one), decked out in jewelry that made me invincible with resist normal weapons 100% among the enchantments (I made myself some god items). I was playing on maximum difficulty, when an ordinary slaughterfish came up. I wasn't worried that I'd be damaged in the least, so I let it hit me. He one-hit-killed me! I tried letting a mud crab hit me with the same situation, to see if the normal weapons enchantment fell through, but it hit me and did nothing, not a scratch. I tried an ordinary slaughterfish, again. One-hit-kill!

Is the slaughterfish's attack not effected by weapon resistance, what I call "piercing", like a silver weapon or enchanted weapon?