A problem of multiple texturing (no, I don't mean multitexturing)

bfg666

Hi there!

This is probably gonna sound like a dumb question to seasoned Cyrodiil wanderers but I'm still new to it so cut me some slack, please. OK, here goes: I'd love to apply various tribal tattoos to my Dunmer character and the other Dunmer NPCs, just like in Morrowind, and I've thought of photoshopping Ozmo's excellent textures a little. And I mean VARIOUS, as in "not the exact same ones for every character," which would look quite lame to say the least...

The thing is, from what I've gathered, it seems there's only one skin texture per race (sometimes even one for several races! Wow...). Now, my question is: is there a way to circumvent this limitation, like I don't know, maybe creating a set of textures and randomizing them so that each member of the race looks different, or am I just screwed? I hope there's a mod that does just that! OR... if that's not possible, can I at least put these tattoos on myself but not everybody else? Like, can there be both a player texture and an NPC texture?

There is the possibiliti to use the male upper body or a head as a suit and put it on the ring slot and put it nonplayable. But you are loosing textures by wearing clothes. Or put the individual Tatoos as textures to individual clothes for every charakter. Sine he will not change the cothes it might be the best solution.

I just had a look at Blockhead, and parts of the description look to me that it might be able to put tattoos on the skin of specific NPCs, both facial and body (although don't try to do one that runs from body onto face as that might be problematic)

@Harvald: None of these two options is satisfying: I still want to be able to use an actual ring (I could cheat and enable the unlimited rings tweak but... nah) and wearing an upper body texture as a suit will prevent me from wearing any kind of body armor.

@Striker879: Ideally I'd like face AND body tats. I'll look into these mods but I'm not a mod creator and I'm a bit lost here, I was looking for an already existing mod or a relatively easy tweak to apply.

@MarkInMKUK: Like I said above, I use mods but I don't know squat about making them, so if I want to try your suggestion, I'm gonna need some help big time!

Thank you all anyway for your input and if one of you guys want to make a mod for that, you have my blessing... :)

Hi there!

This is probably gonna sound like a dumb question to seasoned Cyrodiil wanderers but I'm still new to it so cut me some slack, please. OK, here goes: I'd love to apply various tribal tattoos to my Dunmer character and the other Dunmer NPCs, just like in Morrowind, and I've thought of photoshopping Ozmo's excellent textures a little. And I mean VARIOUS, as in "not the exact same ones for every character," which would look quite lame to say the least...

The thing is, from what I've gathered, it seems there's only one skin texture per race (sometimes even one for several races! Wow...). Now, my question is: is there a way to circumvent this limitation, like I don't know, maybe creating a set of textures and randomizing them so that each member of the race looks different, or am I just screwed? I hope there's a mod that does just that! OR... if that's not possible, can I at least put these tattoos on myself but not everybody else? Like, can there be both a player texture and an NPC texture?

Edit: I just noticed your last post.

Installing the basic CS is fairly basic (if I remember correctly).

I believe the steps below are far easier to work out than photoshop.

Please feel free to message me on this.

It's certainly not a dumb question but the word Race is actually the solution.

I did Felen Relas of the Anvil Mages Guild using "data\characters\argonian\headargonian.dds" yet no effect on any other Dark Elves.

It took about two minutes.

I'm using Construction Set Extended (CSE) but it should work okay with the regular CS.

* From the Character menu open Race.

* Right click DarkElf and select Duplicate.

* On the Body Data and Face Data apply your textures.

* Double check General Data that Male/Female Voice are still HighElf, that Text Data still has Dark Elf for Name.

* Repeat for the textures/variations you want.

* Apply above as appropriate to the NPCs you want to change.

Be warned, if any character has a quest/script usign GetIsRace on them you'll have to change that or simply leave that character alone.

I can't think of any other issues but hey, finding these is part of the fun of modding.

Wow, this is an Argonian texture? He looks like he was scorched! Thanks for the detailed MO, I'll try that. Does it work for the player character as well?