ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Newbie question/Body & clothing replacer

Kasey24

Hey guys,

I've just started Oblivion (well, for me one month = just started) and have been lurking on these forums to see what works. I've decided that vanilla will do just fine with a few simple mods to make things more interesting.

I've got OBMM, OBSE and the patches - official and unofficial.

Recently, I added Roberts Female Body Compenduim, then the Robert's Stock Clothing for Standard Body. I converted the clothing file to OMOD and it shows it is installed (blue box). Now this may sound like a silly question, but what are the changes done by the clothing mod?

I resumed my game, and haven't been able to decern any changes in the clothing - either my character or the NPCs.

The clothing is listed before the body fole in OBMM, but I don't know if that makes a difference.

Can someone help an old man out? :thanks:

Is your character female ? yes- undress your self and see if your body is nude. no-no changes visible.

clothing replacers adjust the existing clothing to fit the new body so it is important to establish whether you actually have the body install first. if needed kill a female npc and remove her clothes. if you see a naked body then the body replacer is working.if it is and the skin textures don't look messed up while dressed then the clothing replacer is probably working as well. the other thing to test is the Compenduim. this I believe is some sort of shop somewhere? go there and see if it exist's.

if there are any esp's that were required with these mod's make sure they are activated.

Thanks for the suggestions. :thumbsup:

The body replacer was installed first and worked fine. My question concerns the clothing mod. Is it just to make the stock Oblivion clothing look better on the new bodies? Or is it replacing some of the game NPC clothing? There was no real description or pictures with the download files.

Like I tried to say before, I can't see any difference - therefore started wondering if it is actually working......

Thanks for the suggestions. :thumbsup:

The body replacer was installed first and worked fine. My question concerns the clothing mod. Is it just to make the stock Oblivion clothing look better on the new bodies? Or is it replacing some of the game NPC clothing? There was no real description or pictures with the download files.

Like I tried to say before, I can't see any difference - therefore started wondering if it is actually working......

It doesn't add any new clothing that I know of but I don't use that body mod so can't say for sure. if it wasn't working the skin texture would look messed up on the clothing and the shape is different as well.

• 2 weeks later...