Problem with opening Oblivion mod files as archive

When I try to open some of the mod files (I tried with 7-zip and WinRAR) I get an error saying "Cannot open file '...' as archive,' but I can't open them any other way. One thing I noticed, is that I might get that error, but it would be fixed after re-downloading the mod, but most of the time re-downloading didn't help. I don't know what the problem is, but I think it might be because some of the mods seemed like they downloaded WAY to quickly. For example, the Immersive Weapons mod for Oblivion by Ironman5000 is a couple hundred mb (which should take over an hour with my internet connection), but it would finish in like 5 minutes, so I decided to watch the download progress and it seems at random times (sometimes 10% complete, 50%, 30%, etc...) it would just stop downloading as if it was finished when obviously 90/546 is not finished, I haven't been able to get any replies out of any of the mod creators. Any suggestions would be helpful, whether the problem is the mods themselves, or my internet connection, I don't know.

Edited by cheezyrocks