Fose is not launching, help!

ashleyhunt60

I just got fallout3 game of the year, so I have all expansions. I patched it to 1.7 right away, and am now trying to get fose to work. I first tried v 1.1 beta 9, which should work. I placed the files where they said they should be, and tried to launch fose, but it says that I have an unknown version of fallout 3. I've tried this again with v 1.2 beta 1.7, same thing. I have tried with and without fomm, and am now thoroughly confused.

Any help would be great, thanks.

I just got fallout3 game of the year, so I have all expansions. I patched it to 1.7 right away, and am now trying to get fose to work. I first tried v 1.1 beta 9, which should work. I placed the files where they said they should be, and tried to launch fose, but it says that I have an unknown version of fallout 3. I've tried this again with v 1.2 beta 1.7, same thing. I have tried with and without fomm, and am now thoroughly confused.

Any help would be great, thanks.

I've had this problem before, check the Fall0ut3 installation folder for the file "fose_1_7.dll" the .dll should be with the .exe files like "FalloutLauncher.exe" or "Fallout3.exe". if it's not there check the fose download & if it doesn't have the file (happened to me) you need to re-download fose.

Hope this helps.