Make them all pay

MalachiDelacot

I know it will never happen, but it would be something if everybody had to pay $1.00 to be a member to

download, post pics, comment, etc. Because it would help put an end to the twits that get banned and

then come back under a new name to bad mouth moderators and staff. I've seen some people get

banned a number of times. Think of the revenue this would generate. If not used to buy or upgrade

servers, The Dark One could host one hell of a party at the end of the year and invite all of us....

You will lose far more then you will gain. The nexus already gets bad mouthed as it is because of how strict it is, and people can just upload mods somewhere else so the nexus would ultimately be abandoned if this were to happen.

I however like the nexus, I do believe the moderators/rules are a bit strict but I don't think they'd ever go as far to make you PAY just to be a part of a community. Most people just join to download mods, I joined just to download mods but then I got more involved in the community.

I don't think many would vote for this idea, me included I'd never agree with this, and I'd be the first to leave if it was to happen.

I'd imagine the majority of prospective members would probably look at the fact they have to pay to be here, then look at other things like Steam Workshop and other modding sites, and decide they no longer want to join the Nexus. Many people just come here to download mods and use the forums, and a massive portion of those people don't even have Supporter status, which means they're not likely to want to spend any money.

Your plan doesn't take into account the amount of premium members who get themselves banned. Paying doesn't make people less likely to break rules, in some cases it just gives them an added sense of entitlement when they do.

Who would want to have to pay to join a site before they even knew if they wanted any mods?

Know I would not but the main thing is it would be illegal to charge for mods anyway.

I came here for the FREE mods in 2006. I paid for a 3 month premium account in 2007, then upped it to lifetime in 2008. If the mods had not been free, I would very likely have passed by. Actually very few of the people who just came to download free mods give us any trouble. With over 7 million members - most of whom never post anything, a few bans a day is expected. And if you check, many of the bans are repeat offenders creating second third and more accounts. And people who start off by saying they pirated the game and are having a problem. Just charging a small fee would not keep the troublemakers out and would prevent a lot of people who are new to mods from ever seeing what we do here. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

It's illegal to charge money for mods because most of mods ain't belong to people most of them actually do edit what exists in the game and reupload it.

as an example there are a lot of armor mods in here ,skin mods in here and most of them are modified ones not made from scratch beside then mods will be pirated so people will less likely to come here and go elsewhere to download mods or people will upload their mods to sites like steamworkshop.

Edited by Gryphex

Well, I'd gladly pay just to support the site but the site doesn't accept my card (despite being good for GoG, Steam, all the others) so what, I'm locked out of the site because of things I can't affect?