ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

mod installers messed up

billypnats

Hi my daupdate.exe gives me "daupdater.exe has stopped working" error message everytime I tries to install a .dazip, i dont think this happened with official DLCs, in case you're wondering, I was trying to install the no helmet hack.

DAmodder doesnt work for me either, I tried to install the no helmet hack, and the progress bar is stuck at 99%...

no i dont have the game open, but i will try to run as admin... Thanks

Nope, doesn't work, btw, DAmodder also gives an error about how my addins.xml is messed up and tells me to use the xml sanitizer tool... but I cant seem to find it >.<

• 2 weeks later...

my DaUpdater LOG:

1/16/2010 3:06 AM - C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\dragon age origins\bin_ship\daupdater.exe,

1/16/2010 3:06 AM - Found Dragon Age version 1.2

1/16/2010 3:06 AM - Localization file ..\data\DAUpdater.xml loaded.

1/16/2010 3:06 AM - Language set to: en

1/16/2010 3:06 AM - Received Manifest Ready Message from DAUpdaterSvc

1/16/2010 3:07 AM - Information - -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/16/2010 3:07 AM - Information - Processing manifest for: C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\AddIns\Reverend80MagesPack-118\MagesPack\DAZIP\MagesPack.dazip

1/16/2010 3:07 AM - Information - Successfully processed manifest.

1/16/2010 3:07 AM - Information - Extracting: C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\AddIns\Reverend80MagesPack-118\MagesPack\DAZIP\MagesPack.dazip

1/16/2010 3:07 AM - Information - Location: C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\temp\MagesPack\

1/16/2010 3:07 AM - Information - Extracted file: Manifest.xml

1/16/2010 3:07 AM - Information - Extracted file: Contents/addins/rvp_custom_robes/core/data/rvp_custom_robes_modcore.erf

1/16/2010 3:07 AM - Information - Extracted file: Contents/addins/rvp_custom_robes/module/data/rvp_custom_robes_module.erf

1/16/2010 3:07 AM - Information - Extracted file: Contents/addins/rvp_custom_robes/module/rvp_custom_robes.cif

1/16/2010 3:07 AM - Information - Extracted file: Contents/packages/core/data/rvp_custom_robes_package.erf

1/16/2010 3:07 AM - Information - Extraction successful.

1/16/2010 3:07 AM - Information - Install mutex not found.

1/16/2010 3:07 AM - Information - Installing rvp_custom_robes folder: C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\temp\MagesPack\Contents\packages to: C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\

1/16/2010 3:07 AM - Information - Installing rvp_custom_robes folder: C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\temp\MagesPack\Contents\addins to: C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\AddIns\

1/16/2010 3:07 AM - Information - Updating AddIns.xml

1/16/2010 3:07 AM - Information - Install successful.

I check my inventory, not there (and yea yea, i did put Daupdater as admin and closed the game)

ehm, ok, since it seems it installed ok, have you, i dunno, checked the downloads tab under the game and see if it appears there and is ticked/activated?.

Also, are you 100% sure that that particular mod puts the items in your inventory?, and not, say, in a chest somewhere or on a merchant?.

i found what the problem was. If you have steam, it naturally creates extra account for you (no idea why), so you have 1 original steam account, and extra steam account. For some reason all the dazip files installed goes to the 'extra account', hence the reason you dont get items in ur inventory in-game. so you need to delete the bogey account and re-install dazip files. (steam = dumbest technical service mf's in the world)