Fillable Glass Display Cases. Fill with Rubies, Skulls, Rings, etc.

theuseless

Freakin Awesome!

I know there is a mod out there with stack-able gold. I will attempt to find it before I take off tomorrow morning for the weekend.

OK, I'm pretty sure this is the same file I downloaded a few months ago. It should add a stack of coins in the ammounts 5, 10, 20, 100. Hope that this helps a little :smile:

GoldCoin_5_100 for Morroblivion

I'm not exactly sure if it is released as a public modder's rescource but I'll ask permission if the file works.

because you cant store stuff in an activator unless anyone knows of a script that can open up and inventoru menu from an activator.

Just fake it. Put a real container a few feet below the activator/ground. set it persistent, give it a name and on the script of the activator put the line MyContainerRef.activate player 1

Of course, you can also parent it if you're going to use more containers like this. That'll evade the use of naming.

OK Good thanks that saves me some work so what do you want to see ? Obviously the items ave to be quite small to fit inside a display case. So like diamonds and rubies and gold coins ? How about some soul gems ? Any suggestions welcome.

Also I just realized in order for people to drop gold they will have to download a mod that lets you drop gold

too sore to type much tonight but yeah, all of the above?

gold and jewels first and foremost. soul gems is a great idea, how about rings too? whatever you feel comfortable with doing sounds great to me!

I will search out such a mod that I can get permission from to reverse engineer. I will find a way to include the scripting into the file as it should idealy be a stand alone modder's resource (up to alonsomartinez in the end). I gotta do something, you guys are doing all the hard work! If I find the scripting or a usable mod, I will pm it to you.

I'm not completely useless :)

-edit-

Maybe be able to add skulls and hearts. that way it would serve as a trophy kill case as well. I'm not picky though.

All Right I have the script done and the container which moves it to the location but the thing is since they are not all one mesh they have to be in only one spot at a time.If you wanted it in two locations you'd have to make a whole brand new one with new references and new scripts.I dont mind making different ones but I do need some locations to place them.

Also the script that I'm using makes it so that the display cases aren't real dislay cases any more but they are static.They dont open and close anymore.I can make a workaround but I decided that its better this way so that people dont try to put items in them.

Also I am going to make different display cases based on themes.One might have jewelry and necklaces while others will have weapons and knives and swords.Then another will have something so you can show off your conquests like soul gems skulls bones and things like this

Also I am going to make different display cases based on themes.One might have jewelry and necklaces while others will have weapons and knives and swords.Then another will have something so you can show off your conquests like soul gems skulls bones and things like this
Although it might be more work on the modeling / nifskope side, this might make it easier to place and script: With "themed" cases like you are talking about, you are likely to have less items and much less combinations. It might be easier to make a completed case with the items already part of the case NIF file. Then place each case in the same position and disable them all but the empty one. Then the script simply enables / disables the case based on the contents to show.

Example: Jewelry case

Case #1: Empty case

Case #2: Case with some rings in it

Case #3: Case with some necklaces in it

Case #4: Case with some rings and necklaces

This of course does not lend itself well to a scenario where a case has many possible combinations. If there are many combinations, then having the items separated out as individually referenced components would be best.

LHammonds

• 3 weeks later...

Did this project ever see fruition? If not, let me know if there is anything that I can do to help. If you need me to make a room for the cases (or a dragon lair kind of cave), let me know.

I should be done with re-downloading my data from dvd back to my hard drive. Sorry that I lagged for so long, but I had to make sure for certain that my hard drive was clean before going all crazy and getting my stuff back. Also had to scan that stuff for viruses, etc. I think that I'm safe.