Recommended mods?

capperz412

I've been playing Oblivion for many years, but always on PS3. I've only recently just got a moderately good PC.

My specs are:

Windows 7 64bit
Intel Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs) ~3.4GHz

8GB RAM

NVIDIA GeFroce GT 640

I can run Oblivion at almost max settings with 60fps at the highest and around 30fps in heavily forested areas.

Firstly I was just wondering if you guys could recommend some graphics enhancing mods which won't deteriorate the framerate too much, if possible? Also, one thing that really does annoy me is the weird fog that just makes mountains/cities/hills in the distance look blank even though I have maximum view distance. Is there any way to fix this? And any mods to solve the ugly faces would be awesome.

Also could you recommend any other mods? Particularly for maybe the level scaling and combat?

Many thanks.

There are a number of LOD mods that get rid of the distant fog. On the page where you download mods, at top of page there is a "search" tab.

You might want to start there. I've found that useful many times. Also, take a look in the Files section at top rated files.

• 2 months later...

You Could try a Mod Called ( Mistdefy Oblivion ) Cleans up world space nicely.

There are several mod for Doing Combat search tesnexus.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/vqxstkn6kxefob2/Mistdefy_Oblivion_9_00_am.jpg

Picture done in Cyrodiil with no HDR\Blooom\Specular Display\Anti-Aliasing this way there is

No Alteration to what you See in Your Game.

Edited by roxon_55