New to Morrowind

Saizetsu

I have never played it before, I read the UESP for morrowind many times over to understand it better and in the end I'm wondering I'm sure this is asked frequently but even after rooting around the nexus and google I find myself wondering what the community here would suggest for morrowind that won't take away from anything I've heard about the game.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a week with no replies so I gave up entirely on Morrowind for the time being.

I'm looking for things to make morrowind come alive, just better textures and more diverse npcs, things of that nature I want to experience morrowind without it being to easy and enjoy the story with improved graphics.

I would honestly recommend playing the game as it is unmodded for a first playthrough...which admittedly has the potential for hundreds of hours of playing. I did however just try out a graphics mod called MGE, and it was a noticeable improvement. I actually had to turn the graphics down a little due to my gpu getting hotter than I've ever seen it, even hotter than newer games with all settings on high. There are quite a few graphics overhaul, replacement, and improvement mods out there. MGE is the only I've tried so far, but I plan on trying out a few others.