Need help developing a script

madcow12

Hi all

I'm farily new to scripting, and even after trying the tutorials and playing around i'm still needing help

I have a mod that converts armor to different characteristics but as it stands, it adds all recipes to the forge, really worsening the clutter so i thought i'd move it out to something like pillars where you activate the correct pillar (L to H, L to N, H to L, H to N) and it looks at the player's inventory and converts it for you

the formula is very linear

Light armor + 3 ingots = Heavy armor

Heavy armor/Light armor + 1 ingots = Light/Heavy/Clothe

On converting

Heavy armor

New weight = original weight/2 +1

new armor rating = original rating - 2

light armor

new weight = original weight *2 +1

new armor rating = original rating + 2

Clothe (aka None in CK)

new weight = 1

new armor rating = 0

so i know what conditions i need but can't seem to get started..if you could offer any help that would be most appreciated thank you

This would be for a all in one approach. Meaning, when the player chooses to switch from light armor to heavy armor all the armors in your mod will offer their heavy armor recipes for crafting.

On your activator (pillar, button, whatever) place a small script that shows a messagebox. The message box will have four options: Light, Heavy, Cloth, Cancel. Depending upon user selection a GlobalVariable will be set to specific values. Light = 1, Heavy = 2, Cloth = 3, Cancel = 0. On the recipe conditions that GlobalVariable must be the correct value or that recipe will not be displayed.

Hopefully, this is helpful and I did not totally miss the mark in understanding what you were wanting to do.