Expansion pack announced.

buddah

I dont think you'll be able to play the main char if you sacrificed yourself. Unless they pull that "revival magic" stuff off the shelves.... Apparently in the expansion you get to plkay as a gray warden from Orlais

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you choose to start a new character for the game, you get to play the gray warden from Orlais. which gives you a different way that people relate to the character, as he/she starts out as a Commander rank, in the Wardens.

Dreamful thinking:

I sure hope they kick the console memory limitations out of the window and I sure hope they improve the engine quite a bit. Also wasn't awakening supposed to be an sequel not an expansion o well can't get new engine everyday I guess, hehe.

Wonder if they are smart enough to actually include whole game engine config this time to somewhere for users to edit accordingly to their hardware.

while a new engine would be an improvement, I dont see a $40.00 price tag covering the costs of redoing the engine. Especially not inside of a 5 month timespan.

(november to march).

besides.... you gotta remember who's shelling out the distribution on this- - - EAgames. Improvement? Ea? yeah.......

IF they could just let US decide which of our NPC's to KEEP this time around, I'd be at least satisfied.

Sorry if I seem a bit out of sorts. Nothing personal. Been playing for the last 5 hours, and my game keeps crashing in Olzammar. :aggrivation:

while a new engine would be an improvement, I dont see a $40.00 price tag covering the costs of redoing the engine. Especially not inside of a 5 month timespan.

(november to march).

besides.... you gotta remember who's shelling out the distribution on this- - - EAgames. Improvement? Ea? yeah.......

haha, yeah forgot about that part and honestly I don't think we need new engine. what we need is PC optimized current engine with out bugs and a lot of landscape/enviromental improvements.

Funny thing is I don't see mods done on current dragon age for enviroment, landscape, animations. Most be something restricted by toolset, but hell I checked toolset and there's wide area of animations to work with, but I think the main problem is that the engine still bugs the hell out of them even, if someone would bother to try to improve them.

IF they could just let US decide which of our NPC's to KEEP this time around, I'd be at least satisfied.

Sorry if I seem a bit out of sorts. Nothing personal. Been playing for the last 5 hours, and my game keeps crashing in Olzammar. :aggrivation:

Well, dunno about keeping character.. It would be damn nice to just continue the dream world with new ability or something to cover the higher levels and much larger opponent levels perhaps creatures too. what I hate the most is the 'prequel' idea. What goes to other characters I don't think that's an essential to 10/10 game expansion.

What goes to crashing. That's got to be badly optimized system you got there. These 'microsoft optimized' windows systems needs quite a bit work before even consider working anything with them. redists, forced supports, drivers I mean. Anyway, I've got 1 crash on ostagar and that's pretty much is on v1.00 and v1.02a second run.

well, what I meant by letting us keep our characters- like when you choose to let a certain somebody live, a certain somebody leaves. (trying not to give away spoilers, since this is in the general section). I mean, what's so wrong about lettting us have them both? Or like with the famous morrigan sex ritual.

Yeah, I REALLY need to optimize my dual core, and a couple extra gigs of ram wouldnt hurt either. I think most of it tho is my AntiVirus hogging down too much resources.

I completely agree tho, that they need to streamline the engine. I dunno if it's because of the filetypes that this game uses, or if it's because they have files ALL over the place in bad directory structures, or what, but yeah....it could be a LOT more efficient. Both on the system, and for modding.

Dunno about you, but the engine is fairly pc-optimized. It was the plataform it was made for, and for the console version they just deleted a bunch of foes to lighten the load, then reduced the texture quality. Remember that this was started several years ago as a PC game, with consoles being an afterthought.

The location of the files and subfolders is meaningless; virtual location haves nothing to do with efficiency, physical location does. What determines how spread are they on the drive is solely determined by how fragmented was your drive when you installed (if you had a lot of contiguous free space, all the files would end up contiguous, regardless of folder structure).

The only real engine problem is the memory leak. (as opposed to script errors on the abilities or in particular animations, and plot errors where a certain chain of events result in the wrong plot flags raised). Now, the memory leak is not even that bad, UT3 engine which has been used in a myriad of games suffers from it and far worse, for example.

Currently running on max with jb textures (without the armor ones, i do get a major fps drop with those, and i had to defrag after installing them). With only 2gb of ram, 3.0ghz dual core and a 8800gtx. Tho i DID payed for GOOD corsair ram instead of some crappy & slow brandless garbage.