Colin McRae DiRT 2 + DirectX 11 = Wow!

LHammonds

I don't typically like driving games and I initially got this for my wife but in the process of setting it up for her, I became a fan overnight (well, actually throughout the night!).

When I bought a Radeon HD 4870 video card, a cardboard paper was inside with a CDKey printed on it saying that I can have this game called Dirt2 if I signed up on Steam and downloaded it.

I don't really like Steam and if it wasn't for my wife's interest in playing it (after seeing a YouTube video), I would have just chunked the card in the trash.

I'm really glad I didn't. Even if the graphics and sound FX were thrown out the door, it is still a fun driving game. But with Windows 7 + DirectX 11 + a capable video card, it was the most engrossing driving game I have ever played. It looked and felt like I was actually there racing the car. Everything you'd expect would happen while driving happened! When I drove too fast and slammed into a wall, the car was believably damaged and your view was shaken and blurred along with the massive-sounding impact. While trying to take 1st place, I did an evil little "rub" maneuver to cause him to spin to the side while being slammed into column under a bridge (hehehe) and the driver was P-O'ed and issued a one-on-one challenge to me after the event. EXCELLENT!!!

Another amazing fact was that I had all this fun while using a KEYBOARD! Yep, you heard right. I was driving with just the arrow keys. I have never driven a car very well with just a keyboard but I managed to pull it off and learn how to do it and win the very 1st race.

So yeah, I liked it. :thumbsup:

Here are some cool stunts.

You can have a lot of fun while playing this kind of game, especialy if you bring some friends over. I never played this one, but I have Colin McRae 4. It's quite old, but I've spend a great amount of time playing and had a lot of fun to. What I like about Colin McRae Dirt is the stuns you can make with the cars, looks even more fun than the old games.

Here's a video with the one I have: