What body to use?

Dagon69

I’m in the process of getting a new vid card and I figured it’s a good time to uninstall and reinstall OB for a fresh start. I had been using the HGEC body but this time around I may try using just the vanilla body or Roberts.

My question is if I did go with Roberts how much mod support is there? Also are there any problems Roberts has I should know about? How does it compare in game to HGEC? Anything else I should know?

Thanks.

From what I heard and seen myself it's a very good body mode. It's just not as popular as the others, but it looks even better if you ask me. I can't give you all the information you'd like to hear so you should wait for a more elaborate answear, but from my own experience I recomand it. Here are some armours for it: http://www.tesnexus.com/modules/members/index.php?id=55918

Also I've seen a bunch of people supporting it recently.

Have fun with your fresh install and enjoy playing ;)

Cheers,

Pushkatu!

Thanks for the link. It has a lot of reference to UFF. What's that? Another female body mod?

Yes. There are plenty body mods for females. :P

I have used Exnems body replacer since started playing Oblivion at 2008. I have that body replacer at Fallout 3 too.

Why i like it?

Well, theres lots of armors to download and a pack which makes all games original armors to fit with exnems body. And i like Exnems shape.

Exnems, is that the same as Eye Candy? Is that the same as the HGEC I've been using?

The issues I have with HGEC is the seams and the foot texture never being fixed. The original mod still has a nude body texture being used for the foot. I really wish they'd fix that since I don't know how.

If you are using on HGEC body mod you shouldn't have ssems, if you're started mixing them there's a good chance you'll get wrist and ankle seems (most combos match at the waist though). I don't know what you mean about the texture, body mod's map the "foot" texture to the whole mod so that the body is all the same skin shade.

Thanks for the link. It has a lot of reference to UFF. What's that? Another female body mod?

UFF is 'Unofficial Fantasy Figure' and is the same base model as 'Team Fantasy Figure' (but refers to mods not done by TeamFF themselves).

Although Robert's Female Bodies aren't as popular (with modders) as some of the others there are still sexy clothes for those who like them e.g. Star rider fine attires shop.

Whatever body you choose, be sure to find one that has the most in terms of new outfits and the most conversions of existing clothes. Otherwise it's a waste. Most of them have mods like these, but you really want one that's going to have a lot of strength and continued development and support.

Whatever body you choose, be sure to find one that has the most in terms of new outfits and the most conversions of existing clothes. Otherwise it's a waste. Most of them have mods like these, but you really want one that's going to have a lot of strength and continued development and support.

This is very good advice. At this time, there are really three bodies that are considerable support in the form of armor and clothing mods: Exnem, HGEC, and not as popular but still in the running, Roberts. Others are quite good, don't get me wrong: they just don't have the support.

Myself, I used to employ Exnem, but switched about 6 months back to HGEC. Both avoid the starveling look on a woman that I don't like, and they emphasize differences of figure from men that I most certainly do. HGEC is also the most modular and configurable of the three, offering 4 (if I recall correctly) different breast sizes, and 4 hips-and-rears of varying width.

Here's a good comparison chart, which unfortunately is rather dated. Think of Roberts as close to Eshme, and HGEC as similar to Exnem but offering more options, and you won't go far wrong.