Advice on which mods to get

The Mighty Bob

Hi,

I've just finished playing fallout 3 and all its extensions so I would like some advice on which mods would be good to extend my FO3 experience.

I heard MMM was really good as well as FOOK, but I don't really know what they stand for/ where to download them.

Any advice on what mods are good to download is appreciated

:thanks:

Thanks in advance

TMB

MMM stands for Mart's Mutant Mod. It heavily modifies just about every aspect of the enemies and creatures you encouter throughout the game. It touches on everything from appearances, stats, spawn rates, fighting styles, loot and everything in between. It adds fantastic and much-needed variety to the Wasteland and the DLCs. It adds a few custom-made creatures as well.

FOOK stands for Fallout Overhaul Kit. This is a huge mod that affects interface, weapons, actions and adds an untold amount of new stuff to the game. I personally do not care for FOOK, as it tends to be incompatible with a lot of other mods. But if you're looking for something new, this one delivers.

Suggestions are hard, because I have no idea what aspects of the game you like the most. I'd say donate an hour or so and just go all-out on the Nexus search and category functions. I'm sure you'll find some stuff you'll like.

I strongly recommend FOOK (Its actually FOOK2). It adds a ton of new features, including over 150 new weapons, 70 (I think) new armors, and a ton of realism and other general tweaks. It honestly completely changes the game. Its comes with its own installer so its very easy to use. It may make the game harder because it improves how effective guns are (remember, a pistol, no matter how small, still shoots bullets). But since you've played through the whole game, it shouldnt be a problem for you. It also fixes repair by making similar items repair. You can find this mod at www.fookunity.com .

If you're interested in a completely different style of play, I recommend Zombie Apocalypse. It adds 26 000 zombies to the game world. Good Luck :P. Its quite fun, and can become a real challenge. You can find that here: http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10346 .

Enjoy :D

I'd recommend:

(Ripping it from my load order so pardon the mess)

Fallout3.esm

Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esm

CRAFT.esm

CALIBR.esm

StreetLights.esm

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esm

Mart's Mutant Mod.esm

Realistic Interior Lighting.esp

DarNifiedUIF3.esp

Hi-Res Weapons & Ammo Textures.esp

CASM.esp

CRAFT - Activation Perk.esp

CALIBRxMerchant.esp

GalaxyNewsRadio60[M].esp

UPP - Pack 1.esp

UPP - Pack 2.esp

WastelandMastery.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esp

FO3 Wanderers Edition - UFP Support.esp

MyMod.esp (My own little mod that tweaks BoS/OC/Regular PA's, sneaking, item degradation etc. littel small things :] )

WeaponModKits.esp

WeaponModKits - FWE Master Release.esp

Stealthboy Recon Armor - CRAFT.esp

EVE.esp

EVE - FWE Master Release.esp

EVE - FWE with WeaponModKits.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - XFO.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Feral Ghoul Rampage.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE Master Release.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE with EVE.esp

1PipboyPDA.esp (PDA as a Pipboy)

Wasteland Weather Overhaul .9.esp

FireLightFix.esp

StreetLights - Wasteland.esp

LED pipboy light extended.esp

SkillCheck.esp

MaxLevelWorkaround.esp

MaxLevelWorkaround-HP.esp

BatteriesPlusV1_2.esp

Rivet City Realignment.esp

Slower Degradation (-50%).esp

Total active plugins: 42

Total plugins: 43

Going to add some better slavery, DC Interior, Rockville, RR Expanded, Re-Animated, RobCo Recharger, StealthKills, Arefu Expanded, CC Embiggened, Rockopolis Rebuilt, T3T Misc Item Icons/Descs, Improved Sound FX, MTCWastelandTravelers, Native American music + a few other mods soon to it as they're finished downloading. And maybe some more quest related mods as well. Still trying to find a mod that fixes the quest f*** ups in the vanilla game (I mean nonmarked quests tbh).