just a simple question regarding mods and the 360

daverboon

If I installed the game to hardrive, the file structure would be there just like on the pc correct? so creating new areas and putting related files into the proper folders on the xbox harddrive should bring them into the game right? I just don't get why it wouldn't work when the dlc stuff is installed the same way. It's just got me wondering, my pops inlaw is all jealous that he has to play on the limited xbox version and I thought maybe I could some extra goodies in there for him. I know fose and fomm won't work as they're external programs, but I'm wondering about things that won't require those programs to run like new areas and modded items that are already in the game.

Porting user created mods for Fallout 3 to the XBox 360 is illegal and telling you how to do it would would likely get someone banned from the Nexus at the very least.

Oh I don't want you to tell me how, actually it's not illigal just like it's not illigal to mod the pc version. I know where this is going so let's just forget I said anything. This is the first forum i've found that has answers and I thought i'd give it a shot.

This forum has a search feature at the top of the page that can be narrowed down pretty specifically. Try doing searches for different combos of the words xbox, 360, mods, console and take a look at some of the other threads that were about modding the console version of the game.

There seems to be about 2 new threads per week and they usually get locked for venturing into various topics of unlawful or "less-than-legal" behavior (hardware hacking, piracy, etc...), but collectively there should be enough information to answer your questions and you'll also see why regular members hesitate to take part in these discussions.

Oh I don't want you to tell me how, actually it's not illigal just like it's not illigal to mod the pc version. I know where this is going so let's just forget I said anything.

I'm not sure where you got your information that modding for XBox 360 is not illegal, but here is the response from a moderator on the official Bethesda Forum as he locked a thread on the subject:

Sorry, we do not allow the discussion of modifications to an XBox360 as this is illegal and voids any warranty.

Something tells me that he may know more on the subject than you.

In order to make mods for the 360, they would need to be digitally signed. I expect that you either pay for that privilege or you crack for it.

The GECK was made for the PC so modding for the PC is legal. When you talk about the XBox 360 though, you are talking about Microsoft and Bill Gates, remember? He didn't get rich by giving stuff away. Seneca might have thought that all great ideas are common property, but Bill Gates and Paul Allen surely don't.