Nvidia 337.50 Driver Windows Kernel Crash

Qrygg

I recently updated my drivers for my GTX760 to 337.50, the new-ish Beta "Wonder Drivers" that supposedly bring with it a large performance increase for Skyrim. However, pretty much every single time I've played Skyrim since I updated the drivers I've had a kernel crash about 15 or so minutes in. I am running around 75 mods. The game is as stable as a modded version of Skyrim has any right to be :P

I did indeed completely uninstall and remove the previous drivers I had installed, so that can't be the issue. Completely uninstalling included manually uninstalling the drivers, then erasing all registry references while in Safe Mode and manually deleting the Windows driver cache folder.

My rig:

i5 2500K @ 4.6GHz

8GB DDR3

MSI GTX760 2GB OC Edition

And somewhere around 4TB of drive space on two Seagate high capacity 7200RPM hard disks.

While the GPU does have a factory overclock, I don't believe that could have anything to do with this issue, for a number of reasons but primarily because this is the first time I've ever had this problem. I've watched the heat level and it never goes above 62 degrees Celsius, which is well within save parameters.

Any help with this issue would be much appreciated!

Hi,

That is the driver I am using(337.50). and I will say that IS the first driver in about 8-9 months that I did not have to uninstall and roll back to my Rock steady fall back driver (290.53). Seamed every driver in the 300 series gave me issues in different games.

That driver (337.50) works great on my system. Skyrim with 200+ mods and i can play 4 - 8 hour sessions. You could try a re-install, Do you know what your Fallback back driver is ?. (usually a driver around the time your card was introduced) or the Driver that came with the card.

Ohhh and Yes 337.50 did improve performance in Skyrim.

IF you Google for .."Nvidia Skyrim Driver" you get (290.53) more then likely older then your card tho...as the highest series card it is designed for is the 500 series..(I have SLI 580's). Its been my go to driver since late 2011. :)

Were you stable to a point of ...Over 2 hours runs before? In this playthru I have one crash (at 8 hrs in, walked in Riverwood and Dawnduard dude talked to me, CTD ) But when i went right back it did not crash. So a fluke. Level 11, 25 Game hours.

Post a BOSS log...

Dont know about the OP, but i have always done custom install, Every install i select custom..

BUT in that video you say to DEselect Physics engine..? Why? I would not do that . I do unselect the Audio, Experiance, and anything else . (Have discrete audio card Asus).

EXCEPT \\Display driver and Physics driver. are the only things i let Nvidia install.

So it figures that only a couple days after I get the "new" drivers, Nvidia releases even "newer" drivers... :wallbash:

I did not realize that your post had anything to do with my problem. After watching the vid, I'm not sure it would solve anything. And I don't want to give up my PhysX support either, as I do BOINC from time to time. :/

I'm guessing that something in my mods list is having a negative interaction with the new drivers.

Here is the list from BOSS. The mods after RCRN are out of order due to BOSS not recognizing them.

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
RaceCompatibility.esm
Deus Mons.esm
hdtHighHeel.esm
JSwords.esm
KohdiReachwindEyrie-Vera.esm
Wyrmstooth.esp
ApachiiHair.esm
Brawl Bugs CE.esp
RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp
Chesko_Frostfall.esp
Morning Fogs.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod-DragonbornTernFix.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod-DungeonsCliffsIceSkirts.esp
CalienteVanillaArmorTweaks.esp
ExpandedJewelryCrafting.esp
SDO Full-LOD - Giant Campfires.esp
SDO Full-LOD - The Morthal Swamp Complete.esp
SDO Full-LOD - Waterfall Effects.esp
SDO Full-LOD - Whiterun Trundra Creeks.esp
SkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB.esp
SkyFalls + SkyMills Wyrmstooth.esp
SkyFalls Dragonborn Small waterfalls.esp
ShootingStars.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
JSwords_Load_Screens.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
SkyUI.esp
BlitzConsoleCommandsMCM.esp
backpackfrankdema.esp
Heavenly She-wolf Skyrim.esp
Cloaks.esp
Omegared99-GalleryOfArmor.esp
Davjes_SorceressArmorHHS.esp
DemonHunterArmor.esp
ScarletDawnArmor.esp
MidnightBreed.esp
JSwordsDistributionBalancePlugin.esp
little armors of zeca.esp
Mord Sith Cara.esp
WarmongerArmory_Vanilla.esp
Warhammer Sorceress Robes.esp
Mavari Armor.esp
Raven Set v1.4.esp
Soul Armor 2.esp
HDT Havok Object.esp
Equipping Overhaul.esp
HarvestOverhaul.esp
HarvestOverhaulCreatures.esp
buildablehouse.esp
Deus Mons_WithNPCs.esp
KohdiReachwindEyrie.esp
Dragon Cliff Manor.esp
RiversideLodge.esp
simplepoh.esp
Vjarkell Castle.esp
Headtracking.esp
Mannequin.esp
SFO - Dragonborn.esp
Convenient Horses.esp
Convenient Horses - Unique Frost.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
Helgen Reborn.esp
Candlelight_Toggle_3x.esp
DragonCombatOverhaul.esp
The Dance of Death.esp
dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp
AzarHairPonyTail 03 - Havok.esp
Kaleen2.esp
NaiadRaceByDen.esp
OrientalRace.esp
XRCO.esp
UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
getSnowy.esp
Spells Cast Light.esp
WATER.esp
WATER Plants.esp
WATER DG.esp
WATER DB Waves.esp
RCRNdgdb.esp
rcrnShaders.esp
RCRNvolumetric.esp
ESPv1_1nondependent.esp
MeridaHair.esp
Special Eyes.esp
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
OK... More like 100 mods lol.
While we are kinda talking about crashes... I also seem to have a memory leak or something like that going on. I leave Task Manager up on my other monitor and watch as TESV.exe gradually gains memory usage until it maxes out at 3.2GB and CTDs. Is this sorta normal? I don't understand how anyone could have more mods than me and still stay within the 3.2GB limit if this is normal.
Edited by Qrygg