__ WIP__ Tombstone Epitaphs - The Unveiling

Storm Raven

Finally got it to this point I see, I have been following it on SRL for quite some time now........and am impressed with the screenshots and descriptions.

But tell me old man, is a playable version on the near horizon? A I have found that things do look better in my game than they do in the screenshots.

Buddah

That looks impressive. Mind you immersion mods always do. I did always feel that Oblivion lacked history, and this feels like the perfect thing to give it some. Are all the Emperors included in this, or just Uriel?

Now my gushing is done, I must say that this looks like one heck of an immersion mod. It actually makes me sad that my computer can't handle another mod of the size that looks to me. Oh, and why one of the Nexus moderator pillars bigger than the other three? :)

Oh, and Buddah, is it me or if you put those posts together does it break the record for longest post(s) on the Nexus?

But tell me old man, is a playable version on the near horizon? A I have found that things do look better in my game than they do in the screenshots.

Buddah

Buddah,

I expect we will be releasing it, in less than 10 days. It should be fully playable upon release, we've gone to a lot of trouble to try and keep it compatible. The mod has been rebuilt from the ground up as we ran into a number of conflicts with other mods during testing.

Inevitably, there will be bugs to work out, but were hoping there won't be many of them. We've even taken into account and will be releasing a mod that should configure itself to your system to a certain degree on the basis of your input. As I said in my preamble this mod was rather dropped in our laps, but it has been such a good experience, we may take others on in the future.

Even though this mod is practically a wrap, we still have plenty of room for new epitaphs, so if you're reading this and would like your own gravestone epitaph please let us know. There are many stones left unmarked. We're also looking for quality, and like-minded modders, for the next version of this and other mods.

The Master Scholar program at The Storm Raven Library, is not only for those who have already shown their skill. It is also for those who would like to learn more about modding, and about teaching others how to mod. We also work to sharpen the skills of those who would already consider themselves modders. Also, we seek to help others find answers, to those most difficult modding questions. We have found that as a group, we are better able to seek out the answers, than as individuals.

@DagonTheranis, in an age where a single emoticon, can pass for a post on many sites, I am constantly harassed about the length of my posts. So as a habit I have learned to break them up for others. Even my friends give me trouble on a regular basis, about the length of my posts, or short novels as they are sometimes called. Even the great Master L. Hammonds, has given me grief about the length of my posts, they make his eyes hurt he says. So I will plead guilty to walls of text.

I am a bit more old school, where if you have nothing to say, say nothing, and if you have something to say, say something that adds value to the topic. Times have changed though obviously, so I no longer ask others, nor do I always hold myself to that rule. However, as a webmaster, I have found that pages load more smoothly, if you limit yourself to one large image per post. It has to do with the timing that the images are called by the website, from the image host. But that was probably more than you wanted to know. Generally I am more concerned with the relevancy of what I have to say, then the number of posts I make.

*the old man smiles warmly*

As for the multiple posts, I was unaware that in a WIP topic, there were any constraints. I thought the point was to get as much information out there about the work in progress. It is after all an informational topic, as opposed to a social one. Many people contributed to the information that you read above, I was just the one responsible for posting it. I deeply apologize if I have offended anyone. It was not my intention.

Storm Raven

8)

I thought it was laid out that way in case you had to do some editing. The smaller the post the easier it is to get to what you want to change.

Makes perfect sense to me that way.

Buddah

Now my gushing is done, I must say that this looks like one heck of an immersion mod. It actually makes me sad that my computer can't handle another mod of the size that looks to me.

The scope of the mod is great, but the size of the download will not be for the initial release, anyway.

It will be about 5MB. Packaged in a Bain/Manual/OMOD Ready Archive.

Most of that space will be the comparison screenshots and the four versions of the esps. There will be no textures/meshes packaged for Version 1.0

If users opt for the OMOD it will provide a easy scripted installation to help the user make sure they will be playing the correct version, depending on other mods they have installed.

Mooo

Thank you, Metallicow, I think I got it that the mod will be no larger than 5 MB. Also that it will be programmed for easy installation.

That's probably all I need to know.

Metallicow, is a Master Scholar at The Storm Raven Library, and often forgets he is not speaking to other Master Scholars, some of whom would understand what he was talking about, and others who would smile and nod their heads in complete ignorance of his explanations. He loves to speak in riddles, and I have spent hours trying to ponder the meaning of his words. He can be a lot of fun, but keep that in mind.

Neither The Storm Raven Library, or myself, would release a project that was not as simple as it could possibly be to install. We have gone to great lengths to make sure there will be little or no compatibility issues. I can assure you that we know how difficult some mods are to install and play. Keep in mind that Ben (bBen46), is our Master Librarian, a man who creates easy to understand tutorials, that explain everything from what a mod is, to detailed instructions on cleaning computers. He would be horrified, if there was anything that needed to be explained as a result of confusing conditions concerning the installation of this mod.

CathyM, has spent most of her professional career as a technical writer. She knows how to keep things simple and will do so in regards to this mod. She likes to write creatively now, but she is often the final judge, as to how we say, what we say, when we are in the process of creating official documentation. So if you know what Metallicow is talking about, we congratulate you, but we would ask you to keep it to yourself, and not confuse the rest of us. We tend to avoid those things we do not understand.

*the old man laughs out loud*

I have been married for 25 years, and can tell you that the greatest obstacle to long-term relationships, is the misunderstanding between two individuals. We cannot read each others minds, so we must work hard at our communication, in order to coordinate our efforts. I have yet to meet an individual who can read minds, and my wife will most certainly be the first to assure you that I cannot.

It is a human condition, to assume that because we ourselves know or understand something, others will also. It is also the single largest creator of confusion when they do not. A great deal of comedy is based upon misunderstandings between two characters attempting to communicate. The reader, or listener, will clearly understand both of the characters, and what they are saying. The comedy results from the misunderstanding and sometimes mistaken actions the characters carry out, as a result of the misunderstanding.

Buddah, will be the first one to tell you, how easy it is to be misunderstood, in a medium where there are no visual or auditory cues as to to help explain what we are saying. Especially on an international site where for many English is not their native language. Surprisingly many of our international guests and members, communicate in English better than many of those for whom English is their native language.

I do apologize, for getting a bit off topic, but I do want you to know that even though the mod is quite comprehensive in its changes to the graveyards of Cyrodill, it will not be difficult to install.

Now for something a little different. As it seems we have done such a good job in our presentation, that there seems to be no one asking questions, or requesting their own epitaphs, or even modders anxious to add clues on gravestones to their own qwest's, there is something I would desperately like to know. It was a matter of a great deal of scholarly debate at The Storm Raven Library, and I can assure you we will be interested in your answers. Which of the two mod posters, the one that begins the topic, and the one that ends the preamble to the topic, do you like the most, and why?

Myself and others will be anxiously awaiting your judgments, and do not doubt but that it is a matter of great concern to us. Well, ok, mostly it is a concern of mine, because that poster was my first completed work of art with a new tool called Inkscape. But please do not hesitate to add any comments at all, regarding any of the artwork in this topic. In fact don't hesitate at any thoughts ideas comments or questions to what's going on in this topic. It is, after all for you.

Thank you,

Storm Raven

8)

Yeah, what he said. Although I tend to be quite formal and appear to be condescending in how I communicate on a forum, the reason is we are multinational and multicultural. Non English speaking natives use online translators.....slang, leet, and street talk don's translate well.

Just a simple phrase like "I work under pressure!" in German would literally translate as "I work in a vacuum"....So I do try to choose my words carefully.

"Old man" you are preaching to the choir on this one! ! ! !

For those of you who might have got lost somewhere in all of that discussion, perhaps I can summarise the important points:

1. The first version of the mod will be released within a week or two.

2. It will be less than 5MB.

3. It will be easy to install.

4. There are still many empty stones, so you are welcome to submit an epitaph for the later versions.

5. The next versions will be expanded and there is plenty of work left to do. So people interested in contributing to the mod will be warmly welcomed.

Cheers

Cathy

The only correction I have to what CathyM has said above, is that we still have the ability to add epitaphs to the current version the one that will be coming out. So if you have an epitaph that you would like added, please post it in this topic.

Thank you,

Storm Raven

8)