Black Face Bug

Triforce1

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv74/OccidentalAnvil/sword.jpg

Whenever this sword is swapped in and out of inventory, the black faces change location. From what I can tell, it has something to do with the light shining on it, but then when you go outside with it the problem persists. The only way to "fix" it is to un-equip and re-equip the sword until the black faces go away. It's really frustrating. And it isn't just my system either; play testers have trouble with this too. Help?

I am NOT an expert on this by ANY means, but I tried doing a simple retexture, changed the material to remove the white glow effect, and the sword still looked very funky.

If the problem was the texture, I would have expected a retexture to eliminate the problem. It wouldn't look great, because I really rushed through UV mapping, but I would not expect the type of effects in your pictures. But, they were still there.

I am guessing that the problem is with the mesh. I know NOTHING about making meshes, but it seems to me that this model is not taking it's texturing very well.