Been working on a custom birthsign mod, but even after Googling and searching the forum, it doesn't work still

icantfeelmyarms

I know custom birthsign mods are iffy when making your own. It's often hit or miss from what I read. The files are touchy and often don't work...

I searched around for a while trying to figure out my problem, but the two "fixes" I've found didn't help. My birthsign is listed in the list, but once selected, I can't continue. Also, the birthsign image in-game shows the last birthsign image I hovered my mouse over instead of my custom image, which I know the birthsign DSS images are also really finicky and don't work a lot...

I also read there's supposed to be a location in the Textures folder located at Textures/menus/birthsigns where DSS files are supposed to go, but I have no such folder. My copy of Oblivion is the physical GOTY Edition (not the complete GOTY that contains the horse armor, spell tomes and fancy player housing expansions), but not sure if that has anything to do with it... but I keep reading there's supposed to be a birthsign folder, yet there was none since installing... however, all my stock birthsigns show up fine despite not having the folder apparently...

Most of the vanilla game assets are found in the BSA files (e.g. Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa) and are accessed by the game from there. That's where you'll find your vanilla birthsigns.