I'm new

FerrumPrimus

I'm new to this modding business, this is my second PC game besides the old ones that come with computers. I got this computer on Christmas, and this game 2 days ago, I've had an account on nexus for about a month or longer, and allways wanted to add some mods I liked but I have no clue on how to and what I should do. I have no idea what 'BSA's are or any of that stuff, I tried looking up stuff on wikipedia and it didnt help me. I'd rather have someone help me then read on how to help myself. Does anyone know any good programs I should get and where I should put them? Please help.

Awe poor guy got flamed. Like we all enjoy reading. hah!

Anyway wrote kind of what you were asking in another post tonight, but it's long, an the link they gave you is probably better.

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=175490&hl=

The programs you really need are

GECK with the update too, FOMM, FOSE, FO3edit, which all get installed to the fallout 3 file before the actual data folder, read the read me though.

Then follow my link to the links in that post to the tweek guide, an web_ensized FO3edit guide by CSB, or better yet read my 3 day long post about starting up a new game, with mods an DLC's, which even says, read the pinned topics.

I mean don't get me wrong we all wana help an have fun, but I don't think we can really help you until you have a problem. Not knowing what to do yet is just a lack of time playing fallout. Give it a few months an you'll have it all figured out.

We all started out just like you, sans the please tell me which button to push so I don't nuke everything because I don't want to spend all day reading. Then a year later we are still reading stuff, because fallout is that complex.

Start small an build on the kind of knowlege you'll need. Then don't forget to get some game time an go cut peoples heads off an stick them on poles you stuck out in the wasteland. :D that's the trick, don't spend too much time making mods or installing mods.

*edit* Yeah I went to the link they mentioned above, an actually that's probably the best place to start. I just wandered over there to see where they had sent you, which was QQ QA, it's pinned but I didn't know it was a guide like that, it's real nice. Plus it led me over to the Articles on NexusDownloads which is a bunch of crazy stuff we had been looking for, how to make chrome, lulz, so yeah post it again FTW!

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=83642