Pushkatu

Did Avatar had any negative effects on you or any good ones?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Avatar!

• I felt great after I watched the movie
    • It's just a movie, it didn't effect me in any way
    • I am depressed, why was I born on this planet?? :(
    • I didn't see the movie yet.
    • What's Avatar?

I watched it twice and enjoyed it. Then my sister showed me this...

It's called Avatar = Pocahontas in Space

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/3867/poca2u.jpg

It made me laugh for a bit and made me a bit sad afterwards. Some kind of a 'DERP!' moment there. Now, I don't know how to feel about the movie. :ermm:

Apologies for the spoiler to those who haven't seen the movie yet. Spoiler tags don't seem to work on images.

Genius, simply genius.

Warning, South Park may contain materiel not suited for younger viewers .

I've seen all South Park episodes. Those guys are crazy! :D

For those interested to see the episodes online: Don't click if you are under 18

Well it did not make me dep, but it gave me a little bad taste in my mouth.

Rather a bad conscience; reminding me of the time when the Europerans commited genicide on native americans,

enslaved africans, and continiue today by underpaying labor in India, Taiwan, Korea and China.

Not to forget our socalled "aid" in present Africa.

Yes, it started a lot of thoughts in my head.

I don't very like south park, cuz they are talking to a piece of sh*t at christmas...

Lol dude http://smileydatabase.com/s/528.gif I remember that episode :D

Meeh, nice graphics, but silly plot. Typical American movie. I liked the new Sherlock Holmes better :/

This is the very first time I actually read about depression because of Avatar...

Well, I've seen the movie yesterday evening. The movie itself it's graphically stunning, Pandora it's just beautiful. About the plot, I'll have to agree partially with Birrii, it's a tipical american film, but anyway gives a nice (not complete, perfect or whatever, just nice) interpretation of american Natives culture, about the entire planet being a sort of immense entity that embodies nature ans it's flow, and it's anyway a way to condamn the native genocide...

The depression someone felt it's probably coming by the contrast between Pandora and our world (or at least what we have seen of it, I bet someone who have seen some of earth's most beautiful places wouldn't be so affected by the movie). Personally I felt a little sad after watching the movie, but that's it.

In the end, not a masterpiece, but surely a step ahead in computer graphics and really beautiful environments creation...