Mod for Stability?

Fistandilius

Are there any mods out there that will make this game more stable? I'm running the 4gb mod, but I swear I get a freezing load screen every other hour. It's super frustrating. I don't have near the problems with FO3 that I do with FONV. FO3 isn't perfect, but for the most part it runs fine. I get an occasional crash. FONV stutters like hell, gives me freezing load screens and even when it runs for a while it still manages to crash after about 5 hours.

I think I saw an anti-stutter mod, but the desc page said it would eventually cause a crash. I should probably try the anti-crash mod. I hear people say that they don't have any problems with it (NV, not the anti-crash mod), and I can't help but think they're not being accurate based on my own experience. My CPU is an older quad core, but I have 16gb of RAM so there's no reason why it shouldn't be able to use the whole 4gb.

Edited by Fistandilius

FNV without mods is very stable. FNV with a handful of small mods is stable. FNV with a lot of mods is very prone to instability.

For me. New Vegas Anti-Crash helped stop the majority of crashes I was having when using 2-4 companions. In fact, FNV is so stable now, I'm running around with 15 companions at the moment. Of course, NVAC worked well in my case but YMMV.

It looks like they either made progress with it, or the stutter remover I looked at before is gone now. The description page used to point out that the stutter remover itself would eventually cause a crash, so I avoided it. Maybe they've resolved the issue. I noticed the version notes says something about fixing an issue that "probably" caused a crash, "probably" after long periods of play. I will give it a try.

Knock on wood the anti-crash mod seems to have eliminated my load screen freezing issues. Of course it's only been a few hours of play so I'm not ready to declare it a non issue anymore.

Not super crazy about the anti-stutter mod.... The stutter seems to be mostly gone, but at times the entire game slows down, particularly if I'm in an area with a lot of people. Instead of the jerky stutter of the stock game, I get this slow down like you're moving in molasses.

The anti crash mod seems to have done it's work on the load screen freezes. I've been up all night playing and trying out mods and I've had 1 freeze in the last day and a half.

NVSR has some settings in the ini file which control min/max frame rate, it's called FPS Management . Adjust the values or disable that feature.

It's very stable and has been for a long time, it also plays nice with NVAC.