What do you think about the climate change?

Nadin

About time there's some evidence against the man-made global warming. Just hearing those two words really pissed me off at times. Obviously, the world warmed naturally ever since about 8,000 BC but I really doubt man has anythng to do with it. I also think it's a complete load of BS that people say the ice caps will completely melt, no they won't, another ice age, even if it's on a small scale, would probably be caused by all of the cooler water entering the oceans that would refreeze. I've heard from people who went to school back in the 70's and 80's say that a new ice age could happen in the next decade. I agree that this is just a warm spell, and things actually seem to be cooling down where I live. A few summers ago the temperatures reached the hundreds but last summer they RARELY reached the lower 90's. And we still get snow too, we just have to wait for it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that, just because there's now proof that global warming exists, we should start going crazy with cars and electricity. While there may not be global warming NOW, if we DO continue the way we're going, there probably will be soon.

I don't think that, just because there's now proof that global warming exists, we should start going crazy with cars and electricity. While there may not be global warming NOW, if we DO continue the way we're going, there probably will be soon.

perhaps.Theres nothing wrong with working on alternative energy sources thats for sure.

It's not only the cars' and technology's fault, the sun is also a reason for the global warming. Now that I'm not that good at physics, I do still remember the day our teacher told me about this in 7th grade. The sun sends sunrays to the planet and some other things happen in the process, which creates Co2. But we still don't know who makes the most Co2

the cars or the sun.

I would really like to help, but I don't know how. I always save energy as much as I can and I always use public transport. But I really don't see any further solutions. People still buy the basic cars and not the hybrid cars.

:/

I don't know anyone who bought into the whole global warming thing anyway, every time a politician mentions climate change people check their wallets. Climate change used to be called "the weather" and even the worst of governments wouldn't have the nerve to tax that. The scam will go on, scientists will as usual find results that suit those who pay them and governments will continue to use it to extract even more money from the people who have worked hard to earn it.

Climate change? Probably. Human caused climate change? Possible... but NOT possible to prove scientifically. 100% completely impossible. Such a proof would require a control group for comparison (a duplicate earth, starting in the exact same state, existing without human interference) and obviously this can't be done. Using history (the study of ice cores... even if this could be done accurately) isn't adequate because the starting state and all intermediary non-human variables (volcanic activity, tectonic plate shifts, solar flares...) wouldn't be identical (so alternate potential causal factors couldn't be ruled out).

Any "science" that is put on a pedestal of "consensus", with the scientific community shouting down / ridiculing criticism, is highly suspect. That's not science (the systematic pursuit of knowledge). It's politics.

I'm not saying that "anthropogenic global warming" isn't happening. I don't know. Neither do the "experts". And with the tone of the rhetoric, and the political rewarding of scientists who jump on the bandwagon (bias), I'm with the skeptics on this one.

All that being said, investing in smarter energy technology and conservation is something I can agree with (for more reasons than the climate change debate).

Climate change? Probably. Human caused climate change? Possible... but NOT possible to prove scientifically. 100% completely impossible. Such a proof would require a control group for comparison (a duplicate earth, starting in the exact same state, existing without human interference) and obviously this can't be done. Using history (the study of ice cores... even if this could be done accurately) isn't adequate because the starting state and all intermediary non-human variables (volcanic activity, tectonic plate shifts, solar flares...) wouldn't be identical (so alternate potential causal factors couldn't be ruled out).

Any "science" that is put on a pedestal of "consensus", with the scientific community shouting down / ridiculing criticism, is highly suspect. That's not science (the systematic pursuit of knowledge). It's politics.

I'm not saying that "anthropogenic global warming" isn't happening. I don't know. Neither do the "experts". And with the tone of the rhetoric, and the political rewarding of scientists who jump on the bandwagon (bias), I'm with the skeptics on this one.

All that being said, investing in smarter energy technology and conservation is something I can agree with (for more reasons than the climate change debate).

O.K....Technically, I have to agree. Global warming is possible, but not for the reasons that are given, and it is not happening yet, as well as the fact that I do not foresee it happening in the near future.