ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Nightingale Armor and Weapons edit using CK

Vincent907

So, Ive been wanting to edit the Nightingale Armor using CK, mainly because its dr sucks, but the looks are awesome, and Ive been seeing on adding a few extra enchants on it, Ive been told that its very much different from normal items, and the armor and weapons has like 2 or 3 enchants so its gonna be pretty confusing. Also, when I do this, I have the concern that it might not be what I expected, or I might not even get one during the thieves quest, trying to make it as (original as possible, with the leveled characteristics)

Edited by Vincent907

There are relatively few leveled items in skyrim compared to Oblivion, so that's probably why people are telling you it's different from other items. Basically there are many copies of the Nightengale armor and each has its own enchantment and characteristics. as long as you don't change the form ID, you shouldn't have to worry about breaking it. The CK will warn you if you accidentally change the form id.

So, how do the extra enchantments work ? It has like 2 enchantment for each armor/weapon and I wanna add more, plus theres the full set nightingale armor effect which adds 25 armor rating, Ive been thinking of changing that too. And if what ur saying is correct, I should be able to get it during the thieves guild quest?
BTW Thx for responding c:

You can add new effects to enchantments by right-clicking on the effect list and selecting "New." You can modify the existing enchantments by double clicking one and editing the attributes in the effect window that opens.

The full set bonus is actually an ability called TGFullSet. You can edit the same way that you edit enchantments.

All of the instructions I have given you are for editing existing versions of the Nightingale armor. If you want to create new versions, for example new versions that the player would acquire at higher levels, then you will have to:

1. Duplicate the existing armor.

2. Make your changes.

3. Add the armor to the Leveled Item list with the appropriate level.

If you filter the leveled lists using the word "night" you should see all of the leveled lists that control Nightingale weapons and armor. Open them up and you will see that they reference the armor and weapon pieces along with the level that the player must be at in order to acquire each. What happens is that the Thieves Guild uses these lists to determine which version you should get. Simply add your new version to the end of the list and set which level the player should be at in order to get them. The Thieves Guild quest will give you the right ones automatically.