fast travel crash (please help me!!!!!!)

littlewing108

hi everyone i just boughta new disk for oblivion because mine was too scratched to run but now when ever i fast travel iwill arive at the location and be as my character for a few seconds and then my entire computer will crash a error message comes up that says that oblivion is not working anymore and i cant use my mouse i have to press control alt delete and log off my computer and then log back in and also it will crash in the same manner that it does with the fast travel only just because i reallylike to play this game and i only have the most basic mods on my system as i am too computer and mod iliterat to have anything else on there can someone more computer savy help me. by the way the exact same disc worked for months on my laptop and it is just now doing this :wallbash:

Perhaps post a list of your mods.

BUT, a common cause of this is autosave. You should disable all autosaves in the Game Play Options on sleeping and waiting, and fast travel. They are known to corrupt saves and can cause the problem you're having. It can even happen when entering and exiting buildings.

Otherwise it could be a mod depending on what you have.

this a list of the mods that i currently have on my data file

alive waters

castle seaveiw

cheydenhal petshop

shivering iles

Knights of the nine

I tried to set off the auto save and it didnt work

mabye i should just reinstall it

i also turned off all of the mods including shiviring iles and nightsof the nine and oblivion

this also didnot change anything

what do you guys think? :huh:

• 1 year later...

I'm having the same issue, and I've done everything. Removing mods doesn't work, removing plugins doesn't work, patching doesn't work, deleting all saves doesn't work, reinstalling doesn't work, deativating autosaves doesn't work. Updating all device drivers, checking for compatibility, and confirming that there is absolutely no problem doesn't work. Hell, buying a new disk and starting all over again didn't work.

There's not much that can be said, really. This issue is extremely common and it looks like it's irreperable once it's there. Hopefully somebody will find a way to fix it, but until then we're stuck like this.

How you do your uninstall is important. You need to remove those last traces of Oblivion that can confuse your re-install. Here's a link to bben46's uninstall/re-install guide. It will help you get the job done completely and correctly.