The Saboteur

JimboUK

I've been playing this quite a lot, its a surprisingly good game. Reminds me of Mercenaries for the PS2 - which was an excellent game.

As for performance issues... I had some at first as well. Apparently it doesnt like PCs with an ATI graphics card and a quad core processor (I have an HD4890 and a Q6700). However, theres a beta patch out which fixes most of the issues (1.03), and theres a workaround which seems to deal with most of the other issues. Load the game up to the main menu, then alt-tab out to the Task Manager, find the saboteur.exe process, and set the affinity to cores 1 and 2 only - this seems to fix most issues, and it doesnt seem to affect performance.

Other than the technical issues though, this is definitely one of the best games I've played in a good while. Its great fun.

I've been playing this quite a lot, its a surprisingly good game. Reminds me of Mercenaries for the PS2 - which was an excellent game.

As for performance issues... I had some at first as well. Apparently it doesnt like PCs with an ATI graphics card and a quad core processor (I have an HD4890 and a Q6700). However, theres a beta patch out which fixes most of the issues (1.03), and theres a workaround which seems to deal with most of the other issues. Load the game up to the main menu, then alt-tab out to the Task Manager, find the saboteur.exe process, and set the affinity to cores 1 and 2 only - this seems to fix most issues, and it doesnt seem to affect performance.

Other than the technical issues though, this is definitely one of the best games I've played in a good while. Its great fun.

I had the same problem with my 4890, I couldn't even get to the first mission without it crashing. Since the patch though all is well, I don't have to adjust the affinity for my CPU (i7) either.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe this was the last game made by Pandemic, the studio that developed Mercs 1&2, before EA shut them down. Some of the key figures moved to another studio (of which I forget the name) but EA announced they would continue producing titles under the Pandemic name. They just didn't want the Pandemic team doing it I guess. :wacko: