Cannot edit enb

Spac3Hamster

Allready posted on enb forums, got no response, so i'll try here:

I downloaded the latest enb and i wanted to start editing it ingame.
But whenever i change environment settings, nothing changes.
Then i tried other settings, and nothing works...
But whenever i download a preset, the preset itself works, but yet i still cannot edit it ingame.
Is anyone else familiar with this problem?
Here are my specs:
Intel i5 750 2.67 Ghz
Sapphire Hd 6850 1gb vram
6gb ram
Driver version: 14.4 ( http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/d ... t-packages)

Have you set up enblocal.ini? You'll need to tell it how much vram you have, and also enable a few bool values.

has enb worked for you in the past?

Edited by vinniewryan

Have you set up enblocal.ini? You'll need to tell it how much vram you have, and also enable a few bool values.

has enb worked for you in the past?

Yes, it even worked a few days ago.

And what do u mean by setting up enblocal.ini? are there some specific settings that can cause this problem?

Yes, if you don't set up your vram correctly, the enb functions will not work. First, go to Skyrim/enbseries.ini, right-click and click 'properties'. Make sure this file is not 'Read Only'. If it is, uncheck that and click ok.

Next, find and open Skyrim/enblocal.ini, and change the following variables:

[MEMORY]
ReservedMemorySizeMb=256
VideoMemorySizeMb=2000

VideoMemorySizeMb: This should equal how much vram your video card has. You will want to set this to 1000. If this variable says 0, or anything higher than 1000, then enb will not work.
ReservedMemorySizeMb: Many people suggest leaving this at 256. I'm not certain what it does, but just make sure that it's 256.

Try this and let me know.

Yes, if you don't set up your vram correctly, the enb functions will not work. First, go to Skyrim/enbseries.ini, right-click and click 'properties'. Make sure this file is not 'Read Only'. If it is, uncheck that and click ok.

Next, find and open Skyrim/enblocal.ini, and change the following variables:

[MEMORY]
ReservedMemorySizeMb=256
VideoMemorySizeMb=2000

VideoMemorySizeMb: This should equal how much vram your video card has. You will want to set this to 1000. If this variable says 0, or anything higher than 1000, then enb will not work.

ReservedMemorySizeMb: Many people suggest leaving this at 256. I'm not certain what it does, but just make sure that it's 256.

Try this and let me know.

Ok, this is my current memory section of enblocal.ini

[MEMORY]

ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=256
VideoMemorySizeMb=1000
EnableCompression=true
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false
Enbseries is not read only.
Result: still does not work.

One more thing, in enbseries.ini under Global, look for:

[GLOBAL]
UseEffect=true

If this isn't set to true, enb is disabled. Also, if enb doesn't work they suggest downloading the latest versions of d3dx9_26.dll and d3dx9_40.dll and copying them to your Skyrim folder. Alternatively, you can find these files in C:/Windows/System32/

I had this issue before but I can't remember how I fixed it sorry. If what vinniewryan says is right then try 1024 for the VRAM as 1024mb=1gb which is what your card is. Also lots of people recommend using RAM+VRAM-2048 so for you it would be 5120mb 6gb+1gb-2gb=5gb (6144+1024-2048=5120mb). Reserved memory is just to tell Skyrim how much memory needs to be saved for other processes.

For the reserved memory I found this "Most ENB authors recommend using (vram + ram ) / 2" which would be 6144+1024/2=3584.

Maybe this will help if those don't "...delete enbhelper.dll and suddenly everything is back to normal and working again."

Edited by piperman123

1. Enb is enabled, because every time I enable it, it looks really washed out, and god rays do not work, even with the effect enabled.

2. Can you give me a link where I can find these files please?

Im going offline, ill be back in about 20 hours (school).